• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why are all the "new threads" in Chinese?

Thanks, staff!

Is anyone in the US taking the FBI's advice about rebooting routers to get rid of the latest Russian invasion of our internet? I read about it on front page of the New York Times yesterday.

My husband has spent the last several hours messing with our home desktop and laptop computers, cursing my old HP laptop and griping about his laptop after he rebooted our home router. Thank goodness, Netflix is functioning again. I'm grilling him some bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with jalapeno strips to calm him down and reward him for dealing with it.

Happy Memorial Day!

Thanks, staff!

Is anyone in the US taking the FBI's advice about rebooting routers to get rid of the latest Russian invasion of our internet? I read about it on front page of the New York Times yesterday.

Glad someone posted this story. Luckily in my own case I only run my router and modem when I'm actually on the computer. Otherwise I keep them plugged into a surge protector so I can turn them on and off as needed.

I'd just like to add that many forum and blog systems have software or addons/extensions that also help to block spam bots, but they're only partially effective because they usually work by using a blocklist, new spam bots on new IP address can work around them, at least temporarily. They're okay when used with a good captcha system too.

Regarding the Russian threat, well in a time of war any country would attempt to disrupt the communications of the enemy and Russian subs were allegedly spotted near communications lines under the sea early in April, I'd say more, but it's political and this isn't the "Politics Discussion" forum. The malware attack however is very unlikely to be Russian government. PS: I've just noticed the section has been split separately from Religion, nice one!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom