• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why Am I Doing This?

I don't like that the forum removed the gender in the user description. i'm a dude.

Removed it?
Looks like it's still there.

1708550422407.png

Unless you mean some other location?

After a lifetime of playing around with guitar, I’m sorry I never took it seriously. I’m not under any delusion that I’ll live long enough to become proficient, but my purpose is to get there, so I keep on keeping on. In my 70’s memorizing the fretboard and hand positions; heh. But I have a purpose; I’ve written some music over the years that I’d like to record.
It is not the destination but the journey.

I don't like that the forum removed the gender in the user description. i'm a dude.
Just now caught this. Please forgive the misgendering. I have no idea why I labeled you female at that moment; it has no bearing whatsoever on our conversation, which I appreciated very much.

Religion for me, has been quite a life time interest as well. I am diagnosed with Autism as well.
I have been focusing more so on my faith the last few years. I at home and have the time to do so as well. I have thought about serving my faith more and also being led by the spirit. I try and fo things that develop the spirit. Worship music on Youtube, the Eucharist at church etc, praying and listening to my audio Bible when I can. I can find tone a bit much for me sometimes and it can go a bit fast for me. I have to listen to things a few times sometimes. I can be quite literal. I have had an interest in the arts as well and can be quite imaginative at times.

To be fair, "being functional" is not something I can judge of myself. :)

Definitely is how I experience it. If it's not a special interest, it feels like the most monumental effort ever. Your book sounds interesting.
Sorry I missed this post at the time. Thanks for responding. Yes, I guess I still wonder whether this is common among autists. When I was young - especially from maybe 8 to 15 - it felt like I was in maple syrup when I would watch other kids play sports; what could possibly motivate them to produce the effort to move like that? But put me in a swimming pool and I swam like a fish.

Nowadays it’s still just as you said, where my physical energy is directly proportional to my passion, which is not what it used to be.

Religion for me, has been quite a life time interest as well. I am diagnosed with Autism as well.
I have been focusing more so on my faith the last few years. I at home and have the time to do so as well. I have thought about serving my faith more and also being led by the spirit. I try and fo things that develop the spirit. Worship music on Youtube, the Eucharist at church etc, praying and listening to my audio Bible when I can. I can find tone a bit much for me sometimes and it can go a bit fast for me. I have to listen to things a few times sometimes. I can be quite literal. I have had an interest in the arts as well and can be quite imaginative at times.
Good to hear you are taking time for spiritual development. Don’t feel bad about having to listen a few times; that’s a far better predicament than to not care enough to listen until you know you’ve got it.

New Threads

Top Bottom