• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who loves watching the cooking channel?

Love love love the cooking channel, l love cookbooks. Really like the complicated cake shows because there is too much room for errors. Cake doesn't come out, your sugar design breaks, your whip cream doesn't whip. The pressure. Then the judges critique and critique. Do you think you might like to be a chef?

Hi not heard of 'the cooking channel' i live in the uk love 'Materchef' it took me from basic cooking skills to doing 'cauliflower 3 ways' steak, puree and cheese, complex sauces and presentation, it's become one of the things i love to do, moving to making cakes ATM glad i have a small cake tin as moderation is tricky and i always eat what i bake the same day LOL

I used to love FoodNetwork. Ina was my favorite chef. I liked Giada's kitchen because her kitchen is very pretty. Chopped is always fun and intense to watch. It reminds me of family time on the weekends.

I used to love FoodNetwork. Ina was my favorite chef. I liked Giada's kitchen because her kitchen is very pretty. Chopped is always fun and intense to watch. It reminds me of family time on the weekends.
I love watching the shows for the pretty kitchens too.

Love love love the cooking channel, l love cookbooks. Really like the complicated cake shows because there is too much room for errors. Cake doesn't come out, your sugar design breaks, your whip cream doesn't whip. The pressure. Then the judges critique and critique. Do you think you might like to be a chef?
I would love to design pretty cakes and learn intricate piping

My family watches the food network pretty often. Though I dont know what specific shows.

It's all over my head, that's for sure. I can barely use a microwave without something exploding.

I watch the Food Network channel more than the Cooking channel because I enjoy Ina Garten/The Barefoot Contessa, Molly Yeh/Girl Meets Farm, and The Kitchen. I occasionally watch Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman, although her phoniness annoys me, because I love the scenes of her family's enormous cattle ranch and the cowboys who work there.

Just discovered comedian Amy Shumer's new show on the Cooking channel in which her chef husband, who is autistic, is teaching her how to cook.

PBS has great cooking shows - I love Pati Jinich's Mexican Table, New Scandinavian Cooking, Jacque Pepin, and many others.

And I recently discovered the RecipeTV channel which we get on satellite TV. It is pure cooking by famous chefs, not "entertainment", but great ingredients and cooking methods.

If you have Netflix, check out 'Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat' by Samin Nosrat. The "acid" segment is filmed in the Yucatan where we vacation every year - altho I doubt we'll go this year due to coronavirus. Netflix also has The Hundred Foot Journey movie which is about Indian and French food, a movie I love and have watched many times.

I would rather leaf through a cookbook than most any other written works. I don't have a huge cookbook collection, but I have some very obscure older cookbooks that are literary works of themselves.

We like watching the Great British Baking Show now. I find cooking shows to be calming and I've been cooking as an interest since I was about 10 years old.

Since the lock down I have redeveloped an interest in baking but my perfectionist traits are sucking the fun out of it. I made a Madeira cake yesterday and tried to cover it with sugar paste (fondant in US) but it only served to show the lumps and bumps in my cake. My wife, who trained as a cake decorator, said that it tasted great but I just wanted to throw it in the bin and then throw in the towel! I always think that people are being polite when they praise my efforts. It's crazy!

Sadly the last neat thing l did with my daughter was a tea pot birthday cake which took us 4 hours. We made fondant from mini marshmallows. We had so much fun making it. We used rice crispies for the handle and spout. You can find the recipe online for the fondant.

I'm super into supermarket stakeout right now

It's amazing to me that other people on the spectrum are able to purchase, locate, organize, etc all the ingredients and have them be arranged in a way that they could be able to cook

I liked making my own pizza creations when I delivered pizzas, so I think that I like the creative aspects of cooking, but the organizing aspect of this puts it out of my reach

New Threads

Top Bottom