• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who else thinks that Star Wars never that good?

I saw Star Wars about two weeks after it was released and considered it to be as one dimensional as a typical comic book. Jason Momoa describing Duncan Idaho as being like Han Solo was somewhat irritating for a couple of minutes but not really worth much more consideration than that. If a person searched long enough they could probably find someone who would repaint the Sistine Chapel ceiling with a roller.

Of course Lucas and Momoa are both very successful in their respective careers so in the unlikely event either of them ever read the above paragraph I doubt they would care much.

I think I’ve finally figured out why I don’t like Star Wars at all. It’s because of how over exposed and in your face the entire franchise has gotten in the past twenty years. I was curious and would have been willing to watch the classic trilogy as a kid to give them a chance but then the prequels happened and all of a sudden Star Wars was literally everywhere and I got sick and tired of seeing it shoved into my face.

It was like one really good fantasy/sci-fi/adventure movies and one solid one forty years ago that had amazing special effects for the time.

How do you get from that to some massive, never ending franchise? I have no idea. I suppose nostalgia is one of the drugs of choice for most people.

I never understood the success of Star Wars.
To me, it was intellectually anemic.
The special effects were nice in its day, however.

It was more for the kids, imo.
These days, there is a lot of nostalgia attached to the franchise, hence its continued interest, I guess.

I kind of liked some clips with the original camera sound. Rustling stormtroopers and noisy plywood floors, etc. I only ever saw the original, once. Also bored with the whole Star Trek thing, although I have read a lot of SF.
I always get a great laugh over anybody's spaceships landing on new planets as if they were Europeans in ships, instead of more advanced people with radios to use first.

New Threads

Top Bottom