• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who do I want to be?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I want to be an amateur film critic and video game hobbyist in my spare time.

I want to help other addicts in their journeys to lifelong sobriety.

I want to be a reliable worker since I do feel guilty when my performance is not up to par.

I want my house to be the place where friends gather and congregate for movie nights and BBQs.

I want to lose my beer belly the safe and sane way.

I want freedom from my past and from my blood family’s influence. Just holding on to my frustrations about them means that they are still influencing me.

I want to be no more BS excuses, work before play.

Are you still planning on doing something like a movie review website or something like that? I remember you talking about that multiple times in the past.

If so, that could be something to focus on for awhile, a project you can do when at home.

I really need to do the same thing, I've got projects in my head but I've been bloody lazy about starting on them.

I was thinking about developing a distributed peer-to-peer message distribution framework upon which to base social networks in order to prevent censorship.

I really need to do the same thing, I've got projects in my head but I've been bloody lazy about starting on them.
Arrgh! I have so many projects waiting. I was going to build a top performance turntable, had the designs in my head and almost all the parts. They’ve been in the garage for 30 years now… I’m not sure it’s just laziness. My last DIY project around the house took 12 years to get started, and is not quite finished yet. I remember a fellow I knew in a university workshop years ago - when he retired his colleagues gave him a circular wooden plaque with the letters TUIT on it, so he could get all his projects done. He’d always said he’d do them when he got around to it…

Are you still planning on doing something like a movie review website or something like that? I remember you talking about that multiple times in the past.

If so, that could be something to focus on for awhile, a project you can do when at home.

A good friend of mine is constructing a website for me and charging me a friend price for this. It will come up in a couple of months, in the meanwhile I am writing up a bunch of content for it to launch with.

Great news @Metalhead . Finally, you are getting down to living life on your terms. This is inspiring for me, to keep moving forward, and claiming my freedom from abusive types. Sometimes l fall a few steps back, but l am doing it less and less. I am working on complaining less.

Arrgh! I have so many projects waiting. I was going to build a top performance turntable, had the designs in my head and almost all the parts. They’ve been in the garage for 30 years now… I’m not sure it’s just laziness. My last DIY project around the house took 12 years to get started, and is not quite finished yet. I remember a fellow I knew in a university workshop years ago - when he retired his colleagues gave him a circular wooden plaque with the letters TUIT on it, so he could get all his projects done. He’d always said he’d do them when he got around to it…
A reminder that I need to get back to the tedium of shaping and sanding the hull of the canoe I stripped in preparation for the fiberglass/epoxy.

I decided to give up all soda for life. HFCS is terrible for gout, apparently.

I am not getting any younger. I pissed away enough of my life in downing beer bottles and self pity. The time for action is now because I do not have 100 years to screw around.

New Threads

Top Bottom