• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Whistling

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable by the sound of whistling? My dad knows I have sensory issues but refuses to do anything about it.

I love to whistle. I don't whistle as much as I used to, but I used to whistle constantly and I think I got pretty good at it. I'm sorry you don't like the sound of it! And it's a shame that sensitivity isn't being respected.

I know how you feel, I find certain noises and sensations shrill as well. Typically, I don't enjoy the process of my hair being dyed because it's loud and overwhelming, plus I have to close my eyes so I feel blind, but it is worth it to get different coloured hair ^^ Lol.
I couldn't really whistle until about a year ago, there's a science to it :p

I love to whistle. I don't whistle as much as I used to, but I used to whistle constantly and I think I got pretty good at it. I'm sorry you don't like the sound of it! And it's a shame that sensitivity isn't being respected.
Agreed.

Bro whistling annoys me to no end. When people do it at my gym I get so aggravated. I'm such a procrastinator that I still haven't bought noise canceling head phones.

Yes. Also I don't know how to whistle. People have tried to explain what to do to me before but it doesn't work. But I don't think I'm missing much by not being able to annoy people with whistling.

I HATE people whistling. It's the worst, most irritating thing. Especially when most people don't whistle in tune.

I actually can't whistle myself, I have never been able to.
But now that you mention it, songs where people are whistling kind of make me cringe lol

I do use a very loud plastic dog whistle though when my dogs are not on a leash and I need them to come back immediately. It always works. Enzo could be on the other side of the field but if he hears that whistle he will come running right back.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable by the sound of whistling? My dad knows I have sensory issues but refuses to do anything about it.
I cannot stand whistling--especially when customers do it, and especially when it's a whistle that isn't even a whistle--just folks pretty much doing 'sssssss' constantly.

I actually can't whistle myself, I have never been able to.
But now that you mention it, songs where people are whistling kind of make me cringe lol

I do use a very loud plastic dog whistle though when my dogs are not on a leash and I need them to come back immediately. It always works. Enzo could be on the other side of the field but if he hears that whistle he will come running right back.
Can you also hear the whistle?

I like to whistle in the car, if I'm not singing. Sometimes people give me weird looks, and I wonder if they think I'm blowing kisses.

I wasn't able to whistle until somewhere in my late 20s. I always wanted to, and could never do it the way people said. So I decided to just blow and move my mouth until it worked. I got pretty good at it, better than singing. So I do like to whistle. I don't like whistling around me unless it is somewhat in tune, like they practiced. Otherwise it is annoying.

New Threads

Top Bottom