• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where will Autistic teens work?

I'm actually taking an online 3D modeling course with my online school, and they have us user Blender, which is neat, since I already installed it with Steam.

I'm interested in the class because I wanna be a game dev.

Blender is an excellent tool and I've only scratched the surface of it. I'm a great supporter of open source software and I use it wherever it's feasible. Blender, Shotcut, Open Office, Gimp - all superb tools.

Blender is an excellent tool and I've only scratched the surface of it. I'm a great supporter of open source software and I use it wherever it's feasible. Blender, Shotcut, Open Office, Gimp - all superb tools.
Yeah. Set that Susanne head on fire BC a beginner tutorial that my teach recommended to me and my classmates just because.

Oh right. I've not loaded that. I've only used it with my own projects so far :) I've got some background in CAD so I've been designing my own objects in FreeCAD and using Blender to render them.

Oh right. I've not loaded that. I've only used it with my own projects so far :) I've got some background in CAD so I've been designing my own objects in FreeCAD and using Blender to render them.
Oh, cool. That sounds rad.
Blender ain't half-bad.
Gotta use that FreeCad.
Blender is open-source.
That means you should use it, of course.

I got bored, so I literally made that up as I go. Was that good?

FreeCAD is very good. It's not quite as full featured as AutoCAD but it's remarkably useful. Certainly up to the task for 3D printing and it doesn't cost hundreds of pounds/dollars.

Why don’t you consider something like this so you can learn at home at your own speed and get help from a tutor or other students if you get stuck? It’s cheaper than one Xbox game or a few pints, and could be the step up you are looking for.

Game Development – Online Courses for Making Games and Apps

As much as I would love to learn Unity and Blender, they require either a Windows PC or a Mac, I have a Chromebook PC.

New Threads

Top Bottom