• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does everyone get their inspiration for their profile banner?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I thought this would be a cool idea for people to find inspiration and ideas for their profile pictures or banners. I recently changed mine to a painting I just finished. I attached it if anyone is interested in looking at it.

Attachments

• 9F26115F-8E21-4424-903B-FF7495EC4A77.jpeg
    9F26115F-8E21-4424-903B-FF7495EC4A77.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 55
Mine are usually just weird pieces of artwork I've programmed recently. I also change my banner and avatar a lot!

It made me smile to see a vacuum tube schematic @Rodafina, as it has been a very long time indeed. When I was a senior in high school, transistor radios were just starting to be seen. Oh, but I remember the days of vacuum tubes, diodes, triodes, tetrodes and pentodes, and the heat they generated in main frame computers of the period.

I didnt even know this was a thing!

I went and changed mine just now.

It is this:

velvet_merge_by_scrapfractals_dekknnh.png

I make a lot of fractal art. Way more than I've ever shown on the forum here (because I'm very picky about what I will share when it comes to things I've made). I've got this whole giant array of very confusing apps that I use to make these. I aint very good at it and it takes absolutely bloody forever for me to complete one, but while the stuff I make aint much at all when compared to something an expert can make, there's still certain ones I'm quite proud of. This is one of them.

It's also one of the ones that was really hard to make. This took hours to do and was more than a little frustrating at times.

I didnt even know this was a thing!

I went and changed mine just now.

It is this:

View attachment 95031

I make a lot of fractal art. Way more than I've ever shown on the forum here (because I'm very picky about what I will share when it comes to things I've made). I've got this whole giant array of very confusing apps that I use to make these. I aint very good at it and it takes absolutely bloody forever for me to complete one, but while the stuff I make aint much at all when compared to something an expert can make, there's still certain ones I'm quite proud of. This is one of them.

It's also one of the ones that was really hard to make. This took hours to do and was more than a little frustrating at times.
My favorite colors. Beautiful.

24626.jpg

I took it out the window of an apartment I lived in at one time from around 2021 to 2022. It was a really crappy apartment but it was okay, I guess, in some aspects. Basically I spent a lot of time at my desk so this was the view I had, pretty much.

Inspiration? LOL...that's easy. The hexadecimal code. And defaulting to an Adobe RGB 1998 (or Artifex equivalent) icc profile for my monitor, operating system and various software. All those "shades of grey" matter to me...

- #2C2E2F ;)

Last edited:
It’s a good grey. Simple. Complete. Lovely.
Nice to see someone else who appreciates all those shades of grey. Just another reason at the moment why I appreciate Linux Mint 21 over Windows. Using the "Dark Reader" extension in Firefox and Brave helps, but it's even nicer to have the whole OS interface working in sync when it come to using greys. Less eye strain.

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Customized (Cinnamenu) main menu showing. Considerably more versatile- and attractive than that of Windows 11.

Last edited:
Mine is an image of my crown jewel of a 1957 build date Atlas 618 engine lathe that sleeps under a blanket.

Here is an image of one in typical condition:
618 lathe.jpg

Mine:
20221221_121917.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom