• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where can I acquire a 2 Terabyte external hard drive before Christmas?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Last year I bought one for £50 from the big Tesco in Town, might get Dad to go there again later, but is it too late to get one online for pre-Christmas delivery?

I could look at Argos and PC World.

If you can't find any external hard drive in the correct size, i think it could be possible to buy a external hard drive with a smaller HDD and replace it with a new 2 TB HDD.
I have never tested it, and have read that it could be possible that some manufacturers locks down the device to the original HDD.
Just be carefull

I found a 3 TB external drive at Maplin but it's only in stock in Nottingham, and I don't think Dad wants to go all the way down there.

I'll try Argos, and possibly Amazon.

Argos has what I want but for post Christmas collection so no good.

A related question, if I was to bring the 2 TB external hard drive from Home, would it work on a different Xbox One from the one I have? It's the same console, a 500 Gig machine which I bought second hand in May 2014, but if the hard drive is set up to my Xbox One at Home would it work on another console at my Parents'?

I'm trying to save Dad the expense of buying a second drive you see.

Last edited:
A related question, if I was to bring the 2 TB external hard drive from Home, would it work on a different Xbox One from the one I have?

I would think so. I know that with the PS4 (sorry, I know how much you hate people bring them up) that there's a process that allows people to transfer digital copies of games from PS4 to PS4 Pro. And the consoles are basically the same as each other, I can't imagine that Microsoft didn't at least think of doing that at the same time as Sony did, if not before that considering that software is their forte.

Dad says he's bought me the new Xbox One S which comes with a 2 TB hard drive, next year I may save for a 4K TV to take advantage of the new console.

New Threads

Top Bottom