• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When you're playing first person shooters, stuff like Doom, do you use God mode?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I used to, because on Doom and Doom 2 on the PC, I could complete about the first 3 levels without dying, including finding some of the secret bits.

How about you guys?

Generally not, no. I have occasionally used the command console for open world games to circumvent bugs though. Mostly turning off collision, teleporting to quest locations and spawning NPC’s.

Nah. Honestly I need a real challenge for a game to even hold my attention (part of why I dont do AAA games).

When I play through something like Doom, things like this tend to happen:

That's on Ultra-Violence difficulty. And yeah, it's a long video, but I also wanted to show off all of the secrets in that level since there's so many of them. I've always been a fan of Doom's style of level design and secret placement.

The later levels dont exactly put up much more of a fight though. In a run like that, I'll MOSTLY keep using the berserk packs because it's hilarious (a berserk pack's effect lasts until the level is finished, and there's one hidden in most levels), but I'll switch to guns for "heavy" targets that have too much HP since I have no patience. But yes I have punched the Cyberdemon to death before. It took a million years.

Needless to say, I'd get rather bored using cheats in something like this. I only ever used cheats when testing levels I was making myself. Any level designer would go out of their minds if they had to test WITHOUT cheats, considering the sheer number of test runs that need to be done.

I used the god mode once in doom, to see what it's like after playing for many years. Same as in heretic and wolfenstein. Found it boring and not very challenging.

Sometimes I'll use Cheats/Trainers, mainly due to the fact I care more about the story of the game than game mechanics

I experiment with God mods from time to time but I tend to get bored easily. They don't give a challenge at all. Although, even if there is a challenge I loose interest quickly unless the story is really gripping. Or unless I can create something in a diverse, ever-changing environment like in Oxygen not included or so.

Unless I'm playing around or wanting to do a quick test of whatever, no. If things really get hectic and overwhelming, that's the purpose of the difficulty settings. I'll fool with those first.

I remember when S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of Chernobyl came out and people where complaining about the carry weight.
It makes a lot more sense when you realize 50 kg is around 110 lb

New Threads

Top Bottom