• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When you see the clock is going back 1 hour.

Ragnahawk

V.I.P Member
XE1xUNe.png

:))))))))))))))

I didn't realize the image was meant to be a countdown.

I saw that today, the 29th of October was highlighted and
was momentarily confused, thinking...Hey. Every other year
the time doesn't change until after Halloween.

Continuing to read, however, clarified the point.

So, Daylight Saving Time will end next week.
As usual.
Nothing new.
OK.
=====
Maybe the (unstated) point of this thread is to ask
people what their feelings are, regarding the time change?

I didn't realize the image was meant to be a countdown.

I saw that today, the 29th of October was highlighted and
was momentarily confused, thinking...Hey. Every other year
the time doesn't change until after Halloween.

Continuing to read, however, clarified the point.

So, Daylight Saving Time will end next week.
As usual.
Nothing new.
OK.
=====
Maybe the (unstated) point of this thread is to ask
people what their feelings are, regarding the time change?
Nah just excited because it's 1 more hour of sleep.

Nevada has tried for years to undo Daylight Savings Time relative to our state. But it remains an issue which only Congress can legally decide on. o_O

I hate daylight savings time. It throws me off whether I'm gaining time or losing it. :mad:

For me to sleep in more hours than I am accustomed to requires that much less sunlight. More sunlight in rolling back the clock doesn't help. Me being light-sensitive and all....:rolleyes:

"If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

Last edited:
@Ragnahawk
"...excited because it's 1 more hour of sleep."

That is a feeling based on a point of view regarding
time change. Typically, when one person offers a
feeling or view, other people offer theirs.

LOL
I think replies to this thread will bear that out.

I like it, and don't like it. It helps me by moving the clock back because I have a tendency not to sleep.

Nevada has tried for years to undo Daylight Savings Time relative to our state. But it remains an issue which only Congress can legally decide on. o_O

I hate daylight savings time. It throws me off whether I'm gaining time or losing it. :mad:

For me to sleep in more hours than I am accustomed to requires that much less sunlight. More sunlight in rolling back the clock doesn't help. Me being light-sensitive and all....:rolleyes:

"If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!"

I read in britain it causes an extra 300 deaths a year on the road. People tired going into work.. they still won't change it.

Good for farmers.

I might not mind a great deal about the clocks going back in the fall, but when moving them forward an hour in the spring though... It's just dreadful trying to adjust for many weeks to come. I don't get it at all.

Never saw point in the time change issue. In the past, maybe. Not really anymore though.

The clocks went back 1 hour last night in the UK at the time of writng, well at 2am this morning today to be precise. In other words on Sunday 29th October the time in the UK changed from BST (British Summer Time which is GMT+1) to GMT. I didn't actually realise until the clock changed on my PC automatically, I was actually still up using this forum lol!

I dislike our Winter time since it now gets dark as early as 4.45pm in the evening and on the shortest day in on December 21st it can start getting dark as early as 3.30pm on a cloudy / wet day and we certainly have a lot of those in the UK, especially during the Winter months (official sunset time in Birmingham UK on the shortest day is in fact at 3.55pm). I believe the idea is to make the mornings lighter, mainly for school children.

Please click here for a map of all the world's time zones, it also shows "DST" for areas that are currently still using daylight saving time. If you click the link directly below the map it then shows the exact dates and times when daylight saving time starts and ends around the world, or alternatively please click here.

Last edited:
There is one thing I really despise about DST: the fact that Saskatchewan is right about something.

The clocks went back 1 hour last night in the UK at the time of writng, well at 2am this morning today to be precise. In other words on Sunday 29th October the time in the UK changed from BST (British Summer Time which is GMT+1) to GMT. I didn't actually realise until the clock changed on my PC automatically, I was actually still up using this forum lol!

I dislike our Winter time since it now gets dark as early as 4.45pm in the evening and on the shortest day in on December 21st it can start getting dark as early as 3.30pm on a cloudy / wet day and we certainly have a lot of those in the UK, especially during the Winter months (official sunset time in Birmingham UK on the shortest day is in fact at 3.55pm). I believe the idea is to make the mornings lighter, mainly for school children.

Please click here for a map of all the world's time zones, it also shows "DST" for areas that are currently still using daylight saving time. If you click the link directly below the map it then shows the exact dates and times when daylight saving time starts and ends around the world, or alternatively please click here.

I totally agree about the days during the winter months being so short, and that horrid experience of it being dark already at 4 p.m.
However, Daylight Saving Time is only for the period between spring and fall. When the clocks go back in the fall, the time is put back to where it "should" be. Since I'm not really a morning person, I'd rather the time stay on DST all year. ;) But seriously... wait, I was being serious. I'd at least like to try it anyway!

I totally agree about the days during the winter months being so short, and that horrid experience of it being dark already at 4 p.m.
However, Daylight Saving Time is only for the period between spring and fall. When the clocks go back in the fall, the time is put back to where it "should" be. Since I'm not really a morning person, I'd rather the time stay on DST all year. ;) But seriously... wait, I was being serious. I'd at least like to try it anyway!
Same here

I hate it. It throws off my schedule something terrible! Sleep, food, all of it.......I HATE IT.

There is one thing I really despise about DST: the fact that Saskatchewan is right about something.

Whenever I travel from Alberta to Saskatchewan I'm never sure if I have to change my watch... :rolleyes:

But the time change doesn't impact me that much, although winter in general means going to and from work in the dark, I'll only see any daylight on the weekend, but that would probably happen regardless of time change...

My friends with children tell me that their young ones have a hard time dealing with it...

New Threads

Top Bottom