• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When do my feelings matter? Detaching

I think you're on to something.

Maybe we should all unplug right now. Go outside, breathe fresh air. Call our Mothers. Sew face masks and donate them. Deliver groceries to that elderly neighbor. Do real things that make a difference. Online stuff is just vanity anyway.

And yes, I also am annoyed by all the new posts that should be titled:

"Woe is me, give me advice for this trite personal problem that I'm blowing out of proportion".

I don't pan anyone for starting a thread like that if that's the only way they knew how.

There are two different ways of quitting - out of shame or out of genuine cleverness.

I learned the hard way, if I'm exhausted I can drop out for a little while. I can give up posting just for the sake of it and focus on my topmost quality remarks at fewer intervals (says he).

If the thread tone doesn't appeal I can abandon it and its like. Some forums have an "ignore" button. Or I can remember who I want to avoid. That damages no-one.

My ability to focus can be modulated. Just like I can do "in between" in my behaviours, I learned that when drafting a post I can include lots of relatives and grey areas for perspective as well as potentially the odd absolute.

Think sometimes we are overwhelmed with what is trivial to someone else. So l never like to judge why someone needs support. We really don't know what that person's mo is. You also never know if someone may go postal or self-disingrate. I never want that on my conscious. I helped someone from commiting suicide, but it was an emotional struggle for me. They had nobody who would listen, they showed up at a psych unit looking for help. Then it was a resolved with major surgery. This was a very humbling experience to go through. This has forever changed my world.

Personal feelings matter all the time, it's just sometimes in regards of say FB we have to be careful about
expectations coupled with social addiction. I'll post random stuff on my FB occasionally in
spurts one could say. Then I'll avoid the damn thing like the plague especially if I have been
drinking... that morning feeling of recalling big blanks from the end of the night before,
coupled with the knowledge one did go there.

Lol not a good one :eek: but hey it's one way to learn about oneself, I say to myself as I humbly meander on through life. :rolleyes:

Edited to say. Keep FB out of your phone it's safer. Personally I'll never ever use/update or install their Apps on my phone. If I can't remove it FB phone will never have my login details.

Last edited:
If negativity is the flavor of the day, take a break and detach then?

That tends to happen when people have a screen in front of their face and not another face, plus the fact that they're likely not going to be held accountable for it because of anonymity.

New Threads

Top Bottom