• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your slightly impressive skill/talent/ability?

I'm good in emergencies. Have saved four different people's lives, a young child who almost drowned after she hit her head on a rock in a river, a couple in a car accident, a man in a ravine who I found face down in a stream after his car flipped. It's only later that I crash. Likely would have made a good paramedic. React well during those situations, remain calm, and know the basic things to do.
Last week while cycling I stopped and did first aid on someone who hit his head on a stone barrier, he was bleeding profusely from a head wound caused by the broken piece of plastic on the front of his helmet. I carry a small first aid kit. I stopped the bleeding, and bandaged the wound. He was well enough to cycle to a nearby hospital.

Last edited:
My special talent? Is just being a idiot. I don't have to try too hard either. It seems l have this rare gift. l could write the Idiots for Dummies book series.

Drawing. I go back and forth between, wondering if it's practical and appreciating my potential. I'd feel differently if I was good at technical drawings.
Because I'm passionate about it, I think I'm good at making character designs at this point.
Sometimes it's hard to appreciate the skill when always looking at art from all over the world constantly. But it makes sense to value my unique vision.

Apparently those brain-teasers you get in magazines where you have to picture a three-dimensional object in your head and turn it over. I'm weirdly good at those. This rarely comes in handy in real life, where you can just pick the damn thing up and actually turn it over. :p

I suppose being able to consistently and rapidly thin-slice onions with my lightsaber.

Though it took four kitchen countertops and two evictions to become proficient. :oops:

I'm great at burning bridges. Trouble is, I don't realise my arsonistic tendencies until it's too late. :confused:

Work in progress .........

I'm also very good at falling/tripping over, bumping into door frames, hitting my shins on furniture and I excel in dropping things.

It's a good job I like the colour purple, as shades of multiple bruises are ever-present in my life.

Apparently those brain-teasers you get in magazines where you have to picture a three-dimensional object in your head and turn it over. I'm weirdly good at those. This rarely comes in handy in real life, where you can just pick the damn thing up and actually turn it over. :p

I'm not too bad at those puzzles either - and it does actually come in useful!! Trying to cram weirdly shaped objects into a small wardrobe visually makes it far more efficient than doing it physically.

I'm good in emergencies. Have saved four different people's lives, a young child who almost drowned after she hit her head on a rock in a river, a couple in a car accident, a man in a ravine who I found face down in a stream after his car flipped. It's only later that I crash. Likely would have made a good paramedic. React well during those situations, remain calm, and know the basic things to do.
Last week while cycling I stopped and did first aid on someone who hit his head on a stone barrier, he was bleeding profusely from a head wound caused by the broken piece of plastic on the front of his helmet. I carry a small first aid kit. I stopped the bleeding, and bandaged the wound. He was well enough to cycle to a nearby hospital.
Sounds like you’re good at emergencies ‘head on’!

I can picture a word or number in my head as easily as if it were written on paper.
I was able to do that for elementary school spelling bees, but it later gave way to rules-based spelling where I even spelt a word that I had never seen before, "acquiesce."

I still used the page-view capability years later, however, in Navy tech school.

I'm also very good at falling/tripping over, bumping into door frames, hitting my shins on furniture and I excel in dropping things.

Yeah I can relate to that. I remember doing a fake interview with someone to prepare for future interviews. For the most part it was going well. However, when I went to walk out of the room I tripped over a bin as I walked out the door. Ruined the whole trying to act professional thing.:D:oops:

Sometimes I apologise to chairs when I walk into them out of habit. When I fall it can be amusing to me to tell others "I meant to do that", "well, the floor had it coming" or "I guess I really am down to Earth". :p

l have the patience and skill to cut glass for stain glass art. And l love putting together the intricate pieces. l had a beautiful project of my design of lotus flowers and carp, but divorce sucked it away.

I can use chopsticks and wire a three-pin plug (not at the same time, though!)

Last Saturday I helped put up a gazebo (with one other person for the assembly, plus a third to assist with the effort of hoisting it into place) without any instructions. :D

Spelling. I can look at almost any word once and memorize how it's spelled. I did very well in local spelling contests in college and lost only to the local medical doctor spelling wizard.

New Threads

Top Bottom