• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Whats Your Sexuality?

I'm heterosexual but sapiosexual too. I enjoy female company although I am turned on by their intelligence far more than their body.

That is incredibly enlightening, I've never heard of that term before. I suppose I could be considered strictly sapiosexual because I can be attracted to either gender, however it is their intelligence level that determines whether or not I bite the bait.

Yeah, I'm a mix between bisexual and sapiosexual then. I'm attracted to either gender but I don't care about how good they look. Their intelligence and personality means more to me than their looks. :)

That is incredibly enlightening, I've never heard of that term before. I suppose I could be considered strictly sapiosexual because I can be attracted to either gender, however it is their intelligence level that determines whether or not I bite the bait.

In that case...(wink-wink!) Linguistic/imaging savant with IQ of 173 and six languages at your service!! I'm a bit under-age, though, and quite asexual, not to mention completely averse to human contact and/or relationships, but we can make it work!! :smile:

I hadn't heard of sapiosexuals until now... I won't lie, I love it when guys start talking nerdy to me...

I've never really had sexual feelings directed towards anyone, but very recently I have been getting a warm, kind of restless feeling in that area without any obvious external stimulus or sexual thoughts. I cannot tell if I have to pee or if my body is undergoing some strange crisis. Is this sexual in nature? It is difficult to sleep with this feeling affecting me. Maybe my hormones have finally kicked in. Maybe I have a bladder infection. I have no idea. If it is sexual, is there any way to get rid of it other than intercourse or masturbation? Those options appear quite icky.

So... Asexual maybe? I find people attractive sometimes, and have experienced "lovey-dovey" symptoms, but it never involved any feeling like this.

I am an asexual panromantic. What this means is that I do not like sex, but can form hyposexual (kind of sexual, but not quite) attractions to people of any gender or anatomical configuration. I tend to prefer androgynous people, be they butch women, effeminate men, or some form of gender queer. But really, I am not picky in these regards.

At one point I would have told you I was bi, or pansexual. I have learned from experience though that I really don't like sex. At best it is merely tedious for me. I do like to cuddle and kiss, but even that becomes a bit much after a while.

I find it is very difficult to be in this position. I would like to have an intimate relationship with somebody, but without the sex. For most this is a deal breaker, and was a major factor in the termination of my last two relationships.

I would also like to add that "Trans" is not a sexual orientation. A transsexual can be attracted to men, women, both or neither, just like anyone else.

Also; if you are looking for definitions in relation to asexuality go to AVEN. The asexual community is relatively new, but they have been rather prolific in minting new terminology to describe various orientations. Some may think this is a case of people being "special snowflakes" (and maybe for some individuals it is) but more than anything I believe that people are simply trying to describe themselves concisely and use their labels to find community. Some will balk at this new terminology, but it sprang into being because the existing language was found wanting.

I am heterosexual, although it is very rare that I become attracted to a man. They have to be very special, there has to be something that sets them aside from the crowd, they must have unique qualities different from the mundane norm. I have been attracted to very few people in my life and often it does not last long. My current relationship with my husband is the longest relationship I have ever been in with and I believe it is because he has these unique qualities and has a decent understanding of who I am as a person, he tries to work with me instead of against me for the most part. As far as sex goes, for me to feel in any way sexual there must be something worthy to create lustful feelings within me, they just don't happen, it is quite difficult to explain.

Last edited:
My What ??? Ohhhhh you mean... Just a sec.

(Turns away, fidgets with something and coughs)

Imma boy!

I have experimented with bisexuality when I was younger but probably consider myself straight these days. I was married for ten years during which I had no understanding of my aspergers which is a shame because if I had known then what I know know maybe things would have worked out differently. I find touch to be an issue when it comes to sex some kinds of touch ( like a soft caress on my inner arm ) make me feel kinda nauseous and irritable which is a real mood killer and takes me out of the moment then I lose all interest. I feel like most of the time I have merely been putting on a show and focusing on my partners pleasure while ignoring my own which feels oddly lonely when engaged in such an intimate experience. I have reached a point in my life where I feel able to attempt to truly share myself with another but they would have to be very special.

A podcast I listen to regularly recently did an interview with an Ace (asexual) and even as an Ace myself I found it quite enlightening...I identified a lot of myself in her and yet managed to learn a lot as well. The Mental Illness Happy Hour
// Kelly M.

(Warning...This podcast gets very dark and almost everyone I've recommended it to has found it too triggering. Even if you just listen to the interview you might find some stuff you'd rather not hear. But if you're up for it, it's a fascinating interview.)

I'm pansexual. I'm most attracted to a confident personality and an androgynous appearance.

Also, just for fun... and because who doesn't love My Little Pony...
d0d79d3db43eb056633abf8f06f8fd3d.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom