• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Whats Your Sexuality?

I've always identified as bisexual because I can be attracted to males and females. In regards to pansexuality, I haven't really given attraction to other gender identities much thought, so perhaps "pansexual" would be more acurate. At the moment, sexuality isn't an important enough part of my life for me to fret over labels. Whatever happens, happens.

EDIT

I expect men to behave badly and it is much harder for them to win my trust although I do have male friends. I find the male competition thing silly and consider macho men laughable rather than threatening. I feel no sexual attraction toward other men.

This reminds me, something I forgot to mention is that while I have and can become attracted to males, I'm generally more likely to be attracted to females, purely because I very rarely come across other males whom I get along well with. With the majority of males, it seems like there's always some level of macho competition going on - something I can't understand or relate to at all.

Last edited:
Pansexuality includes more gender identities (male, female, intersex, transgender, etc.) than bisexuality does (male and female).
Lets not mention this other 'orientation' to the US Supreme Court until they rule on the upcoming appeals. They are confused enough!

I am a man who likes women very much; women are wonderful beings. I find it very hard to imagine women doing hurtful or evil deeds. I like women as sexual partners and as friends. My attitude toward men, in general, is nearly the polar opposite. I expect men to behave badly and it is much harder for them to win my trust although I do have male friends. I find the male competition thing silly and consider macho men laughable rather than threatening. I feel no sexual attraction toward other men.

Pansexual, with a dash of asexual, meaning I am attracted of both sexes but at the same time not really interested either.

I haven't heard of it until today either, but from what I can gather, the difference is that bisexual people are attracted to men and women; whereas pansexual people are attracted to people whether they're male, female, transgender, etc.

Of course, I could have the wrong end of the stick.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the question myself. I'm heterosexual, and fairly pervy when I'm in the right mood. Not outwardly (I don't 'come on' to people), but my imagination might run away with me.

I still don't get it. Isn't there only two sexes - men and women? I guess there's transgender, but don't they identify with male or female? I'm confused. :oops:

I agree with you. I don't believe in bisexuality, asexual, pansexual. It doesn't exist. You are either straight, gay, or lesbian or trans. I think that this generations is the most sexually confused generation ever. Every girl I meet online or in real life is like I'm bisexual. Seriously? Its like literally every girl. Are you that afraid of being a lesbian? Just admit your damn gay already. I know how hard it is to accept it but still...

Unfortunately, sex has always been a schizophrenic topic for Americans. The Europeans don't understand what our big hang up is.

It should be as simple as that, there are only two types of people on the planet, those who have sex and those who don't.

So, this is where it gets weird, so originally there was "straight" and "gay" as identifiers of preference for your sexual interest, then they invented “bi” to describe people who are either greedy or confused LOL.
Now because the world is full of individuals who all want to be different (the same as everybody else) we have the vast pantheon of sexualities, this includes but is not limited to, nonsexual, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, trisexual, trysexual, omnisexual, pansexual, demisexual, quasisexual, intersexual, unisexual, psuedosexual, psychosexual and temporasexual. ---(Welcome to the internet, look it up)---

I think I can make it a little easier for you, either you like somebody or you don’t, if you like each other enough, have sex in whatever way you do and be thankful you one of the two types of people, the ones that have sex!

I once heard it said, that you can label anything a thousand different ways and it doesn’t change what it is, then maybe all these things are just silly and there is an even simpler explanation yet?
Penis + Vagina = Heterosexual
Penis or Vagina + Penis or Vagina = Bisexual
Vagina + Vagina = Homosexual
Penis + Penis = Homosexual

Disclaimer: Before anybody gets upset, I have labelled things via alphabetical order and THAT is why penis comes before vagina!

Thank you Gomendosi. That last part cleared things up for me. That first part was as clear as mud. And thank you for adding that disclaimer. :)

I still don't get it. Isn't there only two sexes - men and women? I guess there's transgender, but don't they identify with male or female? I'm confused. :oops:

"Pan" is derived from the Greek root meaning all. I guess that pansexuals might have sex, with any human, and with animals, rubber dolls, plants, bicycles, locomotives, etc.

Last edited:
I'll give you the definition of pantheism but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion that people whom are pansexual will have sex with anything. I have a fairly open mind but I shudder at the thought of having sex with "anything." That I would see as borderline, if not outright, psychotic behavior. Sure, sex toys are fine (hence rubber) but animals I definitely draw the line at.

I'll give you the definition of pantheism but I respectfully disagree with your conclusion that people whom are pansexual will have sex with anything. I have a fairly open mind but I shudder at the thought of having sex with "anything." That I would see as borderline, if not outright, psychotic behavior. Sure, sex toys are fine (hence rubber) but animals I definitely draw the line at.

I was just being silly.

Unfortunately, sex has always been a schizophrenic topic for Americans. The Europeans don't understand what our big hang up is.

No we don't, lol... but if I'm going on stereotypes, I am from the country that seems to known for liberal drug laws and legal prostitution anyway. So perhaps the view of the dutch is already way more off than other European countries.

Again, I only found out about pansexuality when I googled it today, but as I understand it, the bit that extends it beyond bisexual is the slightly more unusual cases, such as a hermaphrodite, or perhaps a pre-operative transsexual. To use the example of a person with male genitalia who acts and identifies as a woman: somebody interested in men would be turned off by the dressing and identifying as a woman; someone interested in women would be put off by the male genitalia; a bisexual - AS I UNDERSTAND IT, I could be wrong about this - would like either a male or a female, but not the cloudy inbetween; and, finally, a pansexual would be unconcerned about any cloudy gender definitions.

Anybody can feel free to correct me on this, as I'm just learning this stuff today. But that seems to me to be the underlying difference. Of course, you can easily generalize things by sticking with hetero-/homo-/bi-/a-sexual, in the same way (to use an example close to our hearts) that you could generalize the autism spectrum by simply uniting everybody underneath the banner "autism spectrum". The more defined categories, like pansexual and all the others listed, would be more akin to going deeper within the category and further defining it - in the case of our example, that'd be like going deeper than "autism spectrum" and getting into terms like "classic autism", "PDD NOS", and, of course, "Aspergers' Syndrome".

Does that sound like it makes sense? Or is that a bad comparison? Again, I'm only today figuring this stuff out myself, so please don't take offense if I'm way off the mark with any of that, but feel free to correct and give me alternatives. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom