• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your religion?

If the competition is only inside of me, then I've won. I don't kill, don't rape, don't start wars, don't steal, don't destroy things like a heathen, etc. etc. Game over. I did it on my own. I have long done so with ease, too. I required no fearmongering or harsh discipline and still don't. I also don't require your praise, worship, money, sacrifice or love. I require no reward at all, and I'm smart enough to know that due to free will, if I did ask for it....you'd decline.
I don't share faith for me, I do it for God. It's very seldom rewarding to suggest to others what is good for them; and I say it at the risk of wearing out both Socrates and Jesus. If you are happy where you are, that is where you are right now. When you require things that the world can't or won't provide, then I hope you will contemplate to appeal outside that world.

Well, the world I live on is Earth. I'm at its every physical requirement, and I handle such things daily. As a society, it's exactly what we all do. I would love to exist elsewhere and/or have supernatural powers, but that isn't happening.

I haven't said this here before, but I feel like most religions and more of the zealous, religious types come across as ableist / ableism in many cases (not saying you are this way - I'm talking the extremes). There's a lot of oppressive conditioning to make believers think that they have to have grace or beg for strength or pray for salvation of any kind....and just the same, making believers into people who thank their god for every single good thing ever achieved or accomplished....like no one were ever capable of such things without some divine intervention. I mean, just the whole requirement of making people feel having to be fixed, needing spiritual guidance and then just the way some will treat everyone that isn't them (because those others don't have their supposedly great gifts, abilities or god given lives). It does often result into making them think they need to try and "save" others, but they haven't learned to best way of things, and so it's going to repeat and just get worse. I don't like anything about this.

Well, the world I live on is Earth. I'm at its every physical requirement, and I handle such things daily. As a society, it's exactly what we all do. I would love to exist elsewhere and/or have supernatural powers, but that isn't happening.

I haven't said this here before, but I feel like most religions and more of the zealous, religious types come across as ableist / ableism in many cases (not saying you are this way - I'm talking the extremes). There's a lot of oppressive conditioning to make believers think that they have to have grace or beg for strength or pray for salvation of any kind....and just the same, making believers into people who thank their god for every single good thing ever achieved or accomplished....like no one were ever capable of such things without some divine intervention. I mean, just the whole requirement of making people feel having to be fixed, needing spiritual guidance and then just the way some will treat everyone that isn't them (because those others don't have their supposedly great gifts, abilities or god given lives). It does often result into making them think they need to try and "save" others, but they haven't learned to best way of things, and so it's going to repeat and just get worse. I don't like anything about this.
Jesus said that he could do nothing unless it was of the father, so he didn't even really think of himself as being powerful. He described it more like borrowing power, or participating in it, or even just narrating it. That's also basically how Moses was throughout Exodus.

I think earth is a pit of suffering, and if God is inviting me to put a foot in the door of someplace better, then I will put my pinkie toe in first, if that's all I can manage, and then work on the rest from there. It's a journey, it's not black and white, and it's not something that happens overnight. You live with one foot in both worlds, and work to keep going with persistence.

New Threads

Top Bottom