• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your preferred internet browser

What's your preferred web browser?

• Total voters

Southern Discomfort

Smarter than the Average Bear
V.I.P Member
Personally I like Chrome because I'm most familiar with the UI after years of using it. I gave Edge a go when I got my new monster of a PC but something just beckoned me back to Chrome. I know it's only fast nowadays because of it's fast clock speed and it annoyed me that, whilst I'm not using a laptop, it isn't friendly to their batteries and minor annoyances like YouTube comments most of the time can't be expanded but maybe I'm just too familiar with Chrome now to switch. I might explore with other browsers though, Opera's new update did make it look rather enticing.

I have a few browsers depending on the computer and the purpose.
The main browser i use is Firefox.
But i use chromium/chrome for many miscellaneous tasks, and for my Laptop mainly use QupZilla for memory purposes.

Been using Firefox since it was known as Mozilla - back in the days when Netscape died, and IE wasn't compliant. Started using Chrome 7 months ago as I understood it was the company standard. But I've gone back to Firefox. I find it's much faster (especially for local files) and much easier to customise. Haven't found any good reason to use Edge, though do occasionally use IE.

Last edited:
I used to be a big Internet Explorer fanboy, I still think Firefox sucks, but I use Chrome all the time now, didn't like it at first but now I've got used to it.

Firefox since its inception. It's never been problematic for me between Windows XP Home and Windows 7 Pro.

Technically I use Waterfox and Safari (iOS compatibility).
I am also using Vivaldi which is made by the former co-founder of Opera, built on new technologies and shares extensions with Chrome.

Though Waterfox is an engineering fans made fix, which fixes all the issues that have been plaguing Firefox over the past 6.
It is also more secure.
It literally runs all Firefox code, so you can use all your Firefox files and add-ons with it.

Chrome. I used to like Internet Explorer but Chrome is faster. I don't like Firefox or Safari as much.

Chrome. Why? Maybe because it's unsophisticated on the surface and works without a lot of hassle? I was pro-Firefox before I heard of Chrome though, so if I had a second vote then that.

I switched to Chrome not long ago since I was having too many problems with Firefox on various sites. I've not used IE in eons.

Anyway, I don't know if I have the newest version. This is what I found:

Version 50.0.2661.102 m

Is that what you're using?

51.0.2704.63 (Official Build) beta-m (64-bit)

On desktop : Palemoon (a fork of Mozilla Firefox), for its customization abilities, since Firefox switched to Australis theme.
But one of its major drawbacks is that the gap between Firefox and Palemoon widens, so the chances to get Electrolysis (multiprocess support) is pretty low, and more and more extensions become incompatible with Pm.

On desktop : Palemoon (a fork of Mozilla Firefox), for its customization abilities, since Firefox switched to Australis theme.
But one of its major drawbacks is that the gap between Firefox and Palemoon widens, so the chances to get Electrolysis (multiprocess support) is pretty low, and more and more extensions become incompatible with Pm.
That's why you should try Waterfox on OS X and Windows.
It supports multiprocessor support and is in 64 bit, while being more secure than Firefox.
It also supports all Firefox extensions.
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

New Threads

Top Bottom