• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your Karaoke song?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

If you're ever brave enough to get up and sing at a Karaoke night, what would you sing?

Me? I'd sing one of Meat Loaf's older hits such as Bat out of hell or 2 out of 3 ain't bad, or even some random 80's Pop track if I know the lyrics.

The first Karaoke I ever did a long time ago was me and my House Parent from College doing "Islands in the Stream" by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, me as Kenny obviously, and I've been hooked ever since, even though I wouldn't go on at first, they twisted my arm.

Have sung Karaoke in a bar while on vacation. Sang Patsy Cline's "Crazy" and later on that evening, Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing compares to you." First time I'd ever done that.

I've sung 'Rhinestone Cowboy' on Karaoke before when I was on holiday; two people got up and actually started dancing. :D

I have and would probably continue to have a bash and a warble at most anything, if the situation demanded it.
(When someone else wants to sing but doesn’t want to do it alone so drags you up there with them)

My courage would come from a bottle first though...
... half a litre of vodka and I’m Gladys Knight!

I despise karoake, and I dislike singing (on my own) in public, a church service doesn't count... But I can do public speaking just fine, it's not a stage fright thing...

So you know my answer... :eek:

I have done it a few times. The best I have done was "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue. In the crowded room I actually got thunderous cheering an applause while the majority of the liquored tone deaf renegades just get ignored after their song. Also compliments from the DJ (if thats what you call them), while he rarely complimented anyone else. I kind of felt like a king just for one evening. :laughing:

I remember that night there was one girl who sang an Avril Lavigne ballad sort of song (I forget which song) who was excellent. Almost everyone else... bring your ear plugs.

I've done a lot of Karaoke.
Performed at parties, sung with my cousin who was a psychologist in the psych wards at a hospital to entertain the patients and a few times in bars. Love it.

I've done so many I can't remember, but, my top favourites are Sail Away by Styx, The Rose by Bette Midler, Lying Eyes and Desperado by the Eagles, Losing my Religion by U2, most any song by Foreigner and anything that's been sung by Barry Manilow. :eek: Oh, Mandy!!!

First of all, I loathe karoake, I can't sing and I hate performing in public. Even if I could sing, the kind of song that I would want to sing is not usually available for karoake. If I had to do it, I had no choice, then it would be Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall.

I have sung in choirs before, but I don't drink enough to fit into bar scenes.

If I ever had the chance, it would be the following three songs,
  1. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  2. Fly Me To The Moon
  3. Love & Marriage

First of all, I loathe karoake, I can't sing and I hate performing in public. Even if I could sing, the kind of song that I would want to sing is not usually available for karoake. If I had to do it, I had no choice, then it would be Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall.

You loathe "Karoake" so much you can't even spell it right! :D it's "Karaoke" :D

Anything by Milli Vanilli I suppose.

After all, if they can lip sync it all so can I. :p

LOL, it was the 80's, almost everybody mimed back then.

Whoooosh! :p

No Rich, not in the case of Milli Vanilli. They weren't actually lip-synching in the conventional sense because the vocals weren't even theirs. And they got caught, losing their Grammy award, as well as having to deal with several lawsuits. Effectively ending their lucrative "singing" careers as complete frauds.

Quite a bit different compared to artists like Ashley Simpson who got caught lip-synching her own songs to a very unhappy audience expecting a completely live performance. The case of Milli Vanilli remains a bombshell in the entertainment industry. Where a whole lot of people got hoodwinked by these two guys, although one went on to commit suicide while the other attempted a comeback of sorts that failed.

On a lighter note as for my legitimate singing career, it ended with the onset of puberty. Karaoke wouldn't have helped me. Though if a fire alarm ever fails, I could understand the Fire Marshal coaxing me into singing just to clear the auditorium. Voila. A star is born! Or not. :p

Last edited:
I love karaoke. One of my all-time karaoke favorite is Journey’s “Don’t stop believing”.
But honestly, I’m not that picky. Give me an 80’s power ballad or 90’s/ aughties pop, rock, or rap song and I’m happy.

I've been asking to sing karaoke before but I never have. Reminds me of the old joke about the only singer in my family is the sewing machine.

These days several Pink Floyd songs. Behind Blue Eyes by the Who. Drive by the Cars.

Topic.

If you're ever brave enough to get up and sing at a Karaoke night, what would you sing?

Me? I'd sing one of Meat Loaf's older hits such as Bat out of hell or 2 out of 3 ain't bad, or even some random 80's Pop track if I know the lyrics.

The first Karaoke I ever did a long time ago was me and my House Parent from College doing "Islands in the Stream" by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, me as Kenny obviously, and I've been hooked ever since, even though I wouldn't go on at first, they twisted my arm.
To be honest it would ether stars and barz by the goralliz or lamp shades on fire by modest mouse

New Threads

Top Bottom