• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite memories of being in a relationship?

Touch. All kinds of little intimate touches that you only share with a love. Saying good morning and good night to someone. Waking up next to the person you love. Walks on clear quiet mornings.

For the brief time my one past relationship was actually good, I remember not having to be alone. It felt great to actually have someone in my life who gave a damn because they wanted to, not from blood relations or family friends. It was the only time in my life that I actually felt accepted as I was.

Sitting on a hill late at night in the freezing cold to get signal for my phone and talking for hours about nothing. It's the only good thing I remember from any relationship I've had, hah. I can't talk about nothing unless it's someone I really really like.

I much prefer being single though (5 years strong <3).

A lot of these weird and really esoteric "inside jokes" that SO and I share that literally span years of knowing each other. So we bring something up again with a phrase and make each other giggle by referencing something bizarre that happened 6 or 7 years ago. I don't have that with anyone else and I don't think I could. It's almost a different way of saying/acknowledging love.

Depends on the relationship. For my ex: Having a shared routine. Bickering without any anger--more like closeness and familiarity. Following each other everywhere. Making him bashful. Making him laugh. The admiration he had when I spoke my mind or stood up for something. Feeling comfortable taking the lead. Having 'space'. Encouraging one another to be ourselves. Good sex. Speaking the same 'nonverbal language', or as close to it as I'll probably get. Sharing ideals. Being able to speak in my way (monologing?) and actually being listened and responded to, not told to get to the point. Having similar ways of decision-making--finding info, comparing notes, debating the merits of each option, coming to an agreement. Massages! Enjoying nature together.

Being understood without words, listening to him talk about his special interest for hours, not being alone all the time but also given space to do my own thing, sharing meals and long runs.

Last edited:
It has been so long since I've been in a relationship, I really can't remember what would be my favorite.

Cuddles in bed, long walks, her smile, watching films and cuddling, talking about random weird things, I miss her so much, I wish so much I didn't mess up my best opportunity so far due inexperience and aspie issues but I did :( I'm sure I'll find someone special to feel like that about again but it might be a while.

New Threads

Top Bottom