• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s your favorite incense or essential oil? (Aroma therapy?)

Leo Zed

I smoke a pipe, and I love a pleasant olfactory experience. One of my favorite types of pipe tobacco contains Latakia that has a frankincense smell to it. So, I just purchased some frankincense and myrrh incense. I like camphor, menthol, pine and spruce extracts, certain floral scents, vanilla, safrole, and sandalwood to name some others.

What are some of your favorite incenses or essential oils (if you are into aroma therapy)?

I have bad sensitivities to artificial/chemical fragrances. For true 100% pure essential oils I like:

• Lemon
  • Bergamot
  • Peppermint
  • Wintergreen
  • Sandalwood
There are other true/pure botanical essential oils that I like but those are off the top of my head.

I like lavender and lilac. And roses of course. Spruce and pine wood has a very nice smell, I have worked a lot with wood and when you're sawing some spruce it's a pleasure to work with. You have that smell around you.

@Forest Cat My family owned a Christmas tree farm full of spruces, pines, and firs. I used to be mesmerized by scents while walking through the farm. It eventually turned into a mini pine forest that served as a haven for wild life and mushrooms. I’ve read that smells can trigger memories in one’s deep past. It seems true.

@Forest Cat My family owned a Christmas tree farm full of spruces, pines, and firs. I used to be mesmerized by scents while walking through the farm. It eventually turned into a mini pine forest that served as a haven for wild life and mushrooms. I’ve read that smells can trigger memories in one’s deep past. It seems true.

That sounds like the best possible thing a family could own.

It was very hard work though. We had to prune the trees the old fashioned way with long 2.5 ft knives. And we had thousands of trees to prune within a few weeks under a pounding summer sun. But when pruning season ended, the farm was a joy.

It was very hard work though. We had to prune the trees the old fashioned way with long 2.5 ft knives. And we had thousands of trees to prune within a few weeks under a pounding summer sun. But when pruning season ended, the farm was a joy.
Thanks for the work you put into the trees. My favorite season is Christmas and my artificial tree is still up!

To answer the post:

Frankincense
Bergamot!!!!!
Roses
Violets
Lilacs
Honeysuckle
Peppermint
Cherry Pipe Tobacco!!!!!

Cherry Pipe Tobacco!!!!!

I forgot tobacco, I have always liked the smell of that. I think it could be because from I was very young, I would sit in the backseat of our car rolling cigarettes for my dad when he was driving long trips. He couldn't roll and drive. My mom didn't smoke and I think she was tired of rolling, so she taught me how to roll them perfect. She was clever. And the smell just stuck with me, it's a very nice smell. A warm and friendly smell.

Last edited:
Rose
Vanilla
Lilac
Lily of the Valley
Balsam
Cherry pipe tobacco
Rosemary

BTW, I did some Christmas tree pruning working my way through college. I had forgotten that.

Right there with the rest of you on pine scent. That is my favorite. I also like lavender. I like scented candles as long as I'm not allergic to them.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to most fragrances and incense!! :oops:

Frankincense
Eucalyptus
Lavender
Bergamont
Vanilla

Earthy and coniferous smells more than flowery.

don´t know if it´s comparable, but I always liked to bath (but have no bathtub in this appartment sadly) and I tried many addition salts (Badezusätze). I liked melissa the most. I liked also juniper, arnica, pine, lavendel, mint and some others that I can not remember. patchouli is very special, interesting and not bad, but I don´t like it as much as the others.

The scent of my wife and children. I often need to hug them and smell their necks because their pheromones calm me.

New Threads

Top Bottom