• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s your favorite holiday?

I've got to say it, Jewish Holidays are so much fun.

I really like Sukkot, Purim, and Chanukkah.

Any holiday that is not overcommercialized. As of this writing, the upcoming holidays are one example.

Any holiday that is not overcommercialized. As of this writing, the upcoming holidays are one example.
Clarification: The upcoming holiday season is overcommercialization that's already beginning to show up.

The holiday season can be challenging with the Autism Spectrum - as a hectic holiday season can present those challenging social situations.

I like Halloween and Easter the most, Thanksgiving and New Year's the least. I do enjoy using Halloween and Christmas as a chance to use my creativity with DIY decorations and costumes. I hate Thanksgiving because there's less and less to be thankful every year and this I've had meltdowns and crying in just the past two nights. And I hate New Year because it always turns out even worse than the old year and most people just use it as an excuse to get completely hammered, which I'll never understand.

Christmas Eve, but not since 1965 (I was 8 years old). Since then, I have been too well aware of all the tensions and turmoil surrounding the day, but Christmas Eve 1965 was the last, best Christmas Eve I ever had.

Everyone was there, with lots of presents and hugs to go around. Mom and dad were both alive, sober, and glad to be with each other. My brother had not yet dropped out of school, gone to jail, or gotten a girl pregnant. My sister still spoke to me, too.

When I die, I want my last thoughts to be the most vivid memories I have of that day.

New Threads

Top Bottom