• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's the biggest hint you missed?

Hmmm... interesting topic.

I think I purposefully miss cues from women. Recently, I had a co-worker invite me out for drinks twice... I joined her and we had nice conversations. I happen to be married. I was attracted to my co-worker and could feel she wanted more. I would have never blown up two families just to "get some".

It was the end of a very treasured friendship. Women tend to be like this with me. I try not looking them in the eyes anymore because that is what causes this attraction.

I read people on a deeply emotional level. It is like looking into a rainbow of energy. When I see energy that is orange or red in my mind... I know they are interested. Even before I was married, I would not act on it unless there was strong verbal communication and stated boundaries. I would much rather miss hints than run over boundaries.

Conversely, sometimes women think I am hinting when I am not. I am totally sex positive so I don't think of sexuality the same way most do. I am open about it and have no problem discussing it. Someone I found who is like me (what I call an extreme primal EC+U+S) said that they communicate via sex. I do that too :)

So... I seem like I am hinting when I am not and I tend to think others do that too. I simply don't interpret their behaviors because I never want to hurt anyone with my sexuality.

I can only think of hints I missed that were the other way around. Where they did not like me (or didn't like me in the same way) and I did not understand that.

When I was in junior high, a guy I barely knew asked for my phone number, and I thought it was just another game of “confuse the Aspie” and just gave him a perplexed look until he walked away (in my defense, around the same time there was a group of students in one of my classes who thought it was funny when one of them would say hi to me, which I still don’t understand - I guess my response (a quiet, mumbled “hi” in return (which is all I could muster due to social anxiety / selective mutism), accompanied by a nod and/or smile in case I wasn’t heard) must have been funny to them).

Ive literally slept in a twin size bed with a dude under the same cover and was like, friends c:

im VERY oblivious. but mostly afraid.

New Threads

Top Bottom