• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's The Big Deal With: Movies? (Comic Book Edition)

Riley

To give you some perspective, I'm going to quote a line of Nolanese:
  • "The Teen Titans run around beating folks bloody and nobody bats an eye. Joker & Harley have a seemingly non-abusive 'relationship' and everyone loses their minds!"
Why do people make such a huge fuss about comic book movies getting the *tiniest* details wrong, but there isn't similar outcry/critical response when a cartoon SERIOUSLY butchers material for the worst?

I agree with you that some comic book nerds are way too pedantic about getting the material in movies, but they're offended when it's done in television, too, but I agree with you that it's silly at the end of the day. We can rewrite Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn to eliminate every occurrence of the "N" word, but we can't change even a tiny detail in a comic book if we want to make a show or movie. I don't think Teen Titans claims to follow the comic book. That's the difference.

I don't care. They lied to people JUST so they could get back at their critics. Not to mention they said a phrase I thought would be offensive to geeks & nerds: "Comic books aren't 'real' books." While also butching classics such as The Breakfast Club and The Nightmare Before Christmas (I assumed the "Halloween v. Christmas" episode was a parody of Tim Burton's 1993 movie).

Yet you have people who see the good in these guys. Who don't protest upon seeing Robin kicking a pony or screwing Bruce Wayne over.

And did TTG ever make a joke about how terrible Batman & Robin was? 'cause that would be a figging LAUGH coming from them.

Meh. People will bash or like what they want. The fact you get so bothered by it.. is probably the real issue here. I think for your health you need to just avoid Teen Titans Go. You have made at least 2 topics about it, and how offensive it is to you. I'm not sure if you are serious or just trolling.. since it is just the internet. Either way- both things aren't healthy. Enjoy things you like instead of dwelling on things you hate.

Not trying to sound rude, just stating my viewpoint on the matter.

@Riley
Who are these "people" making huge outcries?
And why do their opinions matter to you?

@JackSkellington: You're not being rude. In fact, you describe what I've basically been telling my mom. I'm REALLY glad you get me.

@tree: Internet folk. For some reason, their opinion matters to me.

@Riley
"internet folk"

Can you identify them with more detail?

It is possible that you believe people don't have a right to
their own opinions. I have gotten the impression that it's
very important to you that other people be correct.

By correct, I mean, share your opinion.
And, that you feel it is your job to make sure they do, because
otherwise, you'd be failing. It's as if you are the appointed
truth-teller.

Who are these all-important "internet folk" that you need to save from stupidity?

I stopped caring what the Internet thinks a LONG time ago.

Most of the Internet thinks of me as a work shy waste of skin, falsehood! I've tried to get a job, it is NOT my fault or even problem that in Sheffield, England, nobody will employ a 41 year old disabled Aspie with 25 years of voluntary work on my CV.

New Threads

Top Bottom