• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's On Your Thanksgiving Table?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
In this thread you can post what you made, your family is serving, or even pictures of the food.

Happy Native American Heritage Day

And

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are having Thanksgiving at my Mom's house. And my contributions (all from scratch) are as follows:

*Devilled Eggs

*Candied Sweet Potatoes

*Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

*Pumpkin Pie

*Peachy Apple Sauce

*Chicken Salad

*Tzatziki

Remember kids, if you're deep frying your turkey, and you don't want to burn your house down, please only deep fry it outside, in a specific type of cooker for the purpose.

And please, only add a smidge of oil to the fryer. The turkey, as my daughter would say, is like a fat lady in the bathtub. The turkey takes up most of the room, and all the oil is displaced by the mass of the turkey.

Let's see, got a invite from my mom. Big surprise there. Turkey, mashers, green beans, cheese cake. Delicious.

Stayed home sick. No fancy table, although I was brought home a fixed-up plate which I thought was very nice. It had:

Stuffing (boxed?)
Turkey (of course, but very well prepared--good job son-in-law!)
Cornbread pudding (this was very good, too)
Whipped mashed potatoes
Pumpkin pie
A tamale (which I haven't tried. It just doesn't smell like something I want to eat right now.)

And for the cold, lots of chamomile tea.

I felt silly, having made the chicken salad. I mean, we were eating turkey. No one really wanted the chicken salad, not even me. lol

Not turkey, I can tell you that much! Lol

My mom and I made a beef roast instead. I was supposed to host it here but no one was able to come except for my parents, so we just did it at their house.

It's a tradition for us to not eat turkey on Thanksgiving anymore because none of us like it lol

And I'm glad you mentioned Native American Heritage Day! I don't think a lot of people realize what that is.

Had fish and chips at the Black Bear Diner with my cousin. Trying to eat traditional Thanksgiving foods is like Sir Issac Newton in reverse. That what goes down, must come back up. Having reflux is no fun. So many foods rich in animal fats and grease that I can no longer eat.

We over-indulged. I ordered live Maine lobsters which were delivered on Wednesday. Yesterday, we steamed them and ate them with lemon garlic butter and a cocktail dipping sauce. I also made a big pot of corn chowder and a fresh salad with homegrown lettuce. Hubby made a pecan pie. The kids brought a big turkey, dressing and gravy, the obligatory green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, yeast rolls and various desserts.

I'm still stuffed today. I have some leftover lobster meat, so I'll make lobster macaroni and cheese for tonight.

I am often quite jealous that Americans have thanksgiving. I attended one once as my mom was friends with an American lady who served it with corn bread ( which was amazing). Here, the most recent festival is Zibelemärit (onion market) and that is no where near as exciting. Hope you all had a lovely holiday.=)

The same rice and veggie mix I'm thankful every day. I won't eat at the funeral for an animal unless their life has been celebrated, and the disposal of their corpse seems to be in accord with their wishes.

It was delicious!

Homemade salad
Sweet potato, roasted to perfection
Spinach greens,
Homemade meatloaf made of bear meat (my father and a local party of hunters got very lucky)
Biscuits and sausage and homemade blackberry jam
Black coffee

You can't beat good cooking.

It was delicious!

Homemade salad
Sweet potato, roasted to perfection
Spinach greens,
Homemade meatloaf made of bear meat (my father and a local party of hunters got very lucky)
Biscuits and sausage and homemade blackberry jam
Black coffee

You can't beat good cooking.
How is bear meat? That's one I've never tried.

I've eaten rattlesnake, rabbit, deer, goat, and others I can't think of right now. But never bear.

Here, the most recent festival is Zibelemärit (onion market) and that is no where near as exciting.

I had to google that to see what the Swiss are up to, found this picture. So it literally is an onion festival/market? :) Mmmmm, onions. Tasty. :D

1669420175539.png

New Threads

Top Bottom