• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

How do certain people feel so comfortable about themselves in front of others? Some people act silly or even stupidly yet they are so unconcerned. How do they do that?
1) Confidence
and/or
2) Not worrying about what others think

#2 may depends on context - some people find it easier to act differently when they're with or around people that aren't in their usual social circles.

#1 is something that for some comes with time.

How do certain people feel so comfortable about themselves in front of others? Some people act silly or even stupidly yet they are so unconcerned. How do they do that?

There are many possibilities, from different values, to unawareness, to deliberate performance. My roommate Dave had parties, and when he danced, you knew two things. If you joined in, you would not be the silliest looking person on the floor, and it looked like a lot of fun. He had lost his inhibitions one day in deepest, darkest Africa, when he was the only white guy for many miles around. Even if a school has a grass roof and no walls, it has a regular talent show, and when he was there, the act that had everybody rolling in the aisles was two five-year-olds with a skit called "White Folks Dancing."

I want a German Shorthaired Pointer this color.

C923BA96-BD49-4D56-8285-6F33E1837E4B.jpeg

1) Confidence
and/or
2) Not worrying about what others think

#2 may depends on context - some people find it easier to act differently when they're with or around people that aren't in their usual social circles.

#1 is something that for some comes with time.

I guess I should ask. How do I get confidence and not worry about what others think? Both of those concepts are very foreign to me. It's like certain people are built with it inside and others like myself are not. I wish I could just switch it on the way they do but I'm just too insecure not to care about what others think.

There are many possibilities, from different values, to unawareness, to deliberate performance. My roommate Dave had parties, and when he danced, you knew two things. If you joined in, you would not be the silliest looking person on the floor, and it looked like a lot of fun. He had lost his inhibitions one day in deepest, darkest Africa, when he was the only white guy for many miles around. Even if a school has a grass roof and no walls, it has a regular talent show, and when he was there, the act that had everybody rolling in the aisles was two five-year-olds with a skit called "White Folks Dancing."

I would love to lose my inhibitions. I just can't get away from the thought of my actions being scrutinized.

The fact that 99% of the human population is better off financially than I am. I only make $877 a month via SSI, and my jewelry making hobby isn't guaranteed to make me money; using Etsy costs money, and even if I sell my jewelry to another store, it will still take forever to make any money.

I guess I should ask. How do I get confidence and not worry about what others think? Both of those concepts are very foreign to me. It's like certain people are built with it inside and others like myself are not. I wish I could just switch it on the way they do but I'm just too insecure not to care about what others think.

I would love to lose my inhibitions. I just can't get away from the thought of my actions being scrutinized.

For me, taking drama and acting for several years were really helpful in learning how to, for a lack of a better term, worry less about things and to take a more lighthearted approach to life. The first year or so was hard, and there were many times where I was not happy about being assigned a role I didn't like, but I came out of it for the better.

The fact that 99% of the human population is better off financially than I am. I only make $877 a month via SSI, and my jewelry making hobby isn't guaranteed to make me money; using Etsy costs money, and even if I sell my jewelry to another store, it will still take forever to make any money.

To the contrary, you're actually financially better off than 80% of the human population in terms of income. (based on income only - I'm sure the numbers would be different if purchasing power parity and cost of living were factored in)

Source

I need to keep eating. I need to practice gray rock technique. I need to wipe out my final credit card. And l need to keep a healthy mindset. :)

White water instruction today on the Little T. I’m better than I thought I was! My self confidence had really taken a blow. But credit also goes to the excellent instructor and to an excellent boat.

I really have nowhere to go in life from here. No goals to set, nothing achieved, just nothing. I like to think I might at least have some sort of purpose in another world/life after this one.

Gross fact about me that no one asked for:

I don’t really have toenails on my smallest toes. They are less than the size of a fingernail shaving, so they don’t count. Painting them is almost impossible, and I hate wearing open-toed shoes. Lol

where is the world going. there's so much overt hate now everywhere i look, it's really disheartening. seems like everything is a mess, the planet and the environment that supports us is being destroyed for the sake of profits.

it's very sad.

New Threads

Top Bottom