• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Normal?

Jess

Voodoo Doll
Hello, my name is Jess. I am a born female, agender person with Asperger's Syndrome (autism spectrum disorder). I am 28 years old and was only recently diagnosed. This has been a major paradigm shift for me, and now I can look at my life through the filter of this new lens and understand more than I ever have. I have a difficult time connecting to most people, but my psychiatrist suggested I join a forum to talk with other people who have Asperger's (or whatever the new DSM says it is). I hope to make some friends and be able to share some mutual experiences. I'm glad communities like this exist :)

Last edited:
Welcome! I hope you find this a friendly and informative place to hang out. Good on your doc to suggest a forum! I came here first at the prompting of a neurotypical friend who suggested I try an Internet forum. I am also 28 and agender (though male born). :)

Hi Jess! Looking forward to "seeing" you around the fora. I found it by Googling after all my observations ganged up on me at once...and then my shrink said, "It wouldn't surprise me at all." We arrive when we arrive. I'm female born and female. Cheers!

I have a difficult time connecting to most people, but my psychiatrist suggested I join a forum to talk with other people who have Asperger's (or whatever the new DSM says it is).

Welcome to AC. I think you'll discover here how beneficial it can be to actually find people to relate to in ways you might otherwise not imagine after a lifetime of feeling alienated, and for reasons you may have not understood.

For me it was a bit disconcerting at first, but then it became well...rather cool. Hope it does for you too. ;)

Thanks everyone! Vanilla -- Tony Attwood's work has been the most helpful thing I've ever come across in my life. I watch his videos and read about his research on the spectrum specifically as it pertains to females and just cry and cry. It's the strangest feeling to be reading your own biography, you know?

It's the strangest feeling to be reading your own biography, you know?

It is strange. I still struggle at times trying to separate who I am as an individual personality opposed to what constitutes a different neurological profile. Either way, most importantly I have an answer as to who- and what I am.

That my life is no longer the disturbing mystery to me that it was for so long. :)

Thanks everyone! Vanilla -- Tony Attwood's work has been the most helpful thing I've ever come across in my life. I watch his videos and read about his research on the spectrum specifically as it pertains to females and just cry and cry. It's the strangest feeling to be reading your own biography, you know?
Yes, I know what you mean. Aspergirls is the same too :)

image.jpg
Welcome aboard :)

New Threads

Top Bottom