• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you want in a dating site?

If you do have ads, no flashing ones, please. :sweatsmile:

No, never. Whoever creates those flashing, I don't even consider them human. But I don't plan to put ads on there anyway. I hate ads and I'd feel like a hypocrite if I put them on one of my sites.

No, never. Whoever creates those flashing, I don't even consider them human. But I don't plan to put ads on there anyway. I hate ads and I'd feel like a hypocrite if I put them on one of my sites.
True that. I'm an avid proponent of Adblock Plus. I don't go with any commercial ads on my site, especially not those vile flash ads. I use Project Wonderful, so it's just other things like what my site's about and it's not much different than my links page. Kind of more of a "featured link" thing.

even though im too young for a website like that I would also say maybe a place where you can share your obsessions (knowing myself)

I'll admit, I've tried a few dating sites and had little luck with them, so I tried to find one more focused on Aspergers or Autism. Obviously, finding one is next to impossible.

I thought to myself, why not try to create one?

So I've come to my fellow Aspies for some help. If you were to use a dating site focused on people with Aspergers, what type of features would you want it to have?
Facebook verification (always deters many of the creeps or fake accounts etc)
Aspie singles nights (hold them in cities around the country- invite+1 only
Possibly allow NT's to mingle with the aspie users (just like they do here)
Let it be free but offer chargeable premium features (think thats gotta be the way forward for all dating in general)
Must have an apple and android friendly app

Apologies if I've just repeated other peoples ideas (I've just taken a brief timeout from watching a comedy show and was drawn to this forum without having time to read the other messages), I was just appalled by the lack of aspie sites and the shambolic lack of users each has. Somehow I don't think I'll be able to purposely date an aspie as a result, even though there's one girl on here I'd happily have sent a few winks or messages to.

even though im too young for a website like that I would also say maybe a place where you can share your obsessions (knowing myself)
Aww a wee little kiddy-winkle huh, bless.

But anyway getting back to the topic- as an extension of his suggestion how about having obsessions or aspie symptoms etc as search filters or to include perhaps on a compatibility test or something to allow fellow aspies or aspie lovers (if you're an NT on the site) to perhaps choose qualities (just as NT's would with personality quirks on a filter or compatibility test).

Oh and perhaps incorporate the fact that shyness is a common issue into the site somehow, so something to get around this perhaps.

New Threads

Top Bottom