• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last TV show you watched?

1899 - This is a fascinating show, at least from my vantage point. It offers scant evidence of what is going on. It hints at ships being lost in the Bermuda Triangle, for strange and inexplicable things are on view, but that location is solely by inference. The title refers to the year. The action mostly takes place on a trans Atlantic steamer heading to America, the Kerberos (alternate spelling of the Guardian to the gates to the underworld and responsible for keeping the dead from escaping)

I am half way through the series and am resisting binging it to find out where it is all going. What I find utterly unique about it is that the show is multi-lingual with French, English, German, Portuguese, Chinese and possibly more spoken. This makes subtitles necessary for the majority of viewers.

Lots of atmosphere, and has a large cast with some characters having disturbing flashbacks. Is this the afterlife or something else. There are also seemingly anachronistic images, but are they really ( I swear I saw tv monitors at the end of one episode [in 1899?] ).

I cannot help being drawn to shows like this. The production values are top notch as are the performances. It is currently streaming on Netflix.

Last edited:
Is that about the Westboro bunch?

Yes, the show is from 2007 so it's old, I just haven't seen it before and it happens to be on tv now. Those people are strangely happy while being upset about something. They smile a lot. The whole thing is weird.

Yes, the show is from 2007 so it's old, I just haven't seen it before and it happens to be on tv now. Those people are strangely happy while being upset about something. They smile a lot. The whole thing is weird.
Yeah, I always found that creepy about them; the fact they could say such horrible things while still smiling.
I've no idea why, but it just reminds me of that creepy smile that Norman Bates makes in Psycho:
4b7b1cee7abde3fbdfb54bac011700d0--mind-blowing-movies-norman-bates.jpg

Andor (star wars series). it´s not groundbreaking, but good, definitely better then The Mandalorian (which was semi-okay) and DEFINITELY better than Boba Fett (which was crap).

Wednesday.
Wednesday Addams of the Addams Family goes to boarding school and interacts with "normies" (normals)
Dark humour.
Directed by Tim Burton.

The Power of the Ring.
Earlier history of JR Tolkiens story and characters dramatised.

Elementary.
Sherlock Holmes; a recovering addict, and his sponsor, Joan Watson, do what they do best.

Lucifer.
The devil himself and the daemon Maze vacay in Los Angeles granting desires and solving crime.
(am loving the characters)

Various Christmas episodes of Auntie's Bloomers.
For those who don't know, it's an Outtake show that was produced by the BBC and hosted by Terry Wogan - running for 10 years between 29th December 1991 and 29th December 2001.

Here's two of the episodes (all the swear words have been bleeped by the BBC):

Auntie's New Bloopers #1 (26th December 1994)

Auntie's New Bloopers #2 (1st January 1995)

Last edited:
Siesta Key.

I regret watching it. Every interaction is so awkward and the people are so horribly immature.
Unfortunately, I have had friends that were exactly like these people.

New Threads

Top Bottom