• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Maze Runner: Death Cure, it was OK but due to illness I was barking like a Dog coughing through most of it even though I had a regular Pepsi Max to keep having drinks to soothe my throat, so I missed a lot of the story.

Forrest Gump, 9/10, starring Tom Hanks, very emotional, sometimes good, sometimes very sad.

Hairspray (2007 remake) 10/10, saw the Stage version the week before last and this trumps it easily, although the Stage version was excellent as well.

Just booked Black Panther, which comes out on Tuesday, for this Friday at Cineworld, 15.45 showing of a 2 and a quarter hour movie, so including ads and trailers we should be out by about 6 PM.

Last edited:
"Five Fingers"

Decent 1952 film about World War Two's second most poorly kept secret. And how the valet to the British Ambassador in Turkey (James Mason) in 1944 sold it (Operation Overlord) along with lots of other secrets to the Germany Embassy.

Of course much like "Braveheart", Hollywood chose to embellish much of the story with fictional elements which didn't actually occur based on historical accounts of this act of espionage.

"Victor Frankenstein"

Oh my. Elaborate sets and period costumes, replete with special effects. At times visually it all had a "Hammer Films" look to it. And not what I'd consider a low-budget film. To no avail however, given an absolutely terrible story that focuses primarily on Igor. Who can botch Frankenstein? Though if you're a fan of unintentional humor, this one has a few scenes worthy of some laughs. :p

I know Daniel Radcliffe Igor) is hungry to move on in his acting career. I get that. But a few more stinkers like this and his legacy as Harry Potter may dry up as fast as all those other failed child actors who couldn't make it as acting adults. And well-known actor James McAvoy as Victor Frankenstein....it's not like he needs the money if his net worth posted online is anywhere near accurate. o_O

Maybe they should remarket this one with a new title- "Victor Frankenstain".

"It's pronounced Fronkensteen."

Anyway, I watched the trailer on YouTube. You're right about the movie. I believe I got all I needed from viewing just the trailer.

I'm a big Mel Brooks fan. Loved HIS version of Frankenstein. Er uh....Fronkensteen. :p :cool:

Frau Blücher was pretty good too. :D

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
It was interesting & the lead actress did well, very well with her character.
Atomic Blond
Mmm... up there with John Wick & I'd say that she'd kick his butt all over the shop. Charlize Theron did a great job acting & producing this one, wanted to see more.

Star Wars The Last Jedi

It was kind of disappointing. I haven't read the books. So I don't know how canon the movies are. But, I am finding them to be rather repetitious in the plot.

Also, as a side note, I am sad that Carrie Fisher died. I considered her to be a great contributor towards advocating for ending the stigma surrounding Bipolars.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

It was some of Shatner's finest work, as he demonstrated his almost Shakespearean performance through his epic performance on the big screen . . . NOT. I'm glad I picked it up from the $3.00 bin at Walmart, as any more would have been too much:

Watch Star Trek 2: Wrath of Kahn, that's better, and Search for Spock, Star Trek 3, is even better as the story focuses on Spock, played by the late Leonard Nimoy.

As I write I'm watching Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, starring Jason Scott Lee (no relation) as Bruce Lee.

And I booked to see the new British wrestling movie "Walk like a Panther" this Tuesday earlier, looking forward to it.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

It was some of Shatner's finest work, as he demonstrated his almost Shakespearean performance through his epic performance on the big screen . . . NOT. I'm glad I picked it up from the $3.00 bin at Walmart, as any more would have been too much:

LOL. I just bought that one last week. Yeah, for $3.74 I was hoping a newer copy would be a better copy than the original I bought so many years ago. And to my shock, it was magnificent!

Well...the video and audio quality of the DVD that is. Not the staccato performance of William Shatner. ;)

Yet it wasn't a digitally remastered version. Go figure. I've already replaced Star Trek 2,3 and 4 in my collection for the same reason. All technically superior from the older, original DVDs. Though in this case all three films are digitally remastered versions.

Last edited:
Walk like a Panther 8/10.

Starring some big names in British comedy, such as the bloke who plays Brian in Trollied, and the woman who plays Margaret in Trollied, and also Sue Johnston, aka Barbara in the Royle Family and Sheila Grant in Brookside, amongst other stuff.

The story centres on a British wrestling contest which is held in order to save a local Pub called the Half Nelson.

Last edited:
Belle and Sebastian 2.

Nice story about a boy and his dog. It was really nice. I saw the first film a while ago.

Peter Rabbit.

Starring James Corden as the voice of the Rabbit, and a host of other celebrity voices including Star Wars star Daisy Ridley.

Pacific Rim: Uprising, 8/10, and it starred John Boyega, aka Finn in Star Wars 7 and 8.

Disney's Moana, 8/10, starred the voice of Dwayne "The Rock" johnson as Maui, the "Demigod".

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom