• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Uni should I transfer too?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
I wanna go to LAVC for 2 years then transfer to a university. Which one should I go to that's in my area? I live in Valley Glen which is a neighborhood in the northern part of LA. People have reccomended CSUN but I heard some bad things about that place. Does anyone got any idea?

I wanna go to LAVC for 2 years then transfer to a university. Which one should I go to that's in my area? I live in Valley Glen which is a neighborhood in the northern part of LA. People have reccomended CSUN but I heard some bad things about that place. Does anyone got any idea?

Do you know what you want to study at college yet?

Why do you plan to attend LAVC?

How are your high school grades so far?

How far do you want to get in terms of college study (do you plan on getting an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, post-Bachelor’s certificate, Master’s or PhD?)

Besides Cal State Northridge, have you considered any other universities, such as other Cal State universities or a UC? What were the negative things you heard about CSUN?

Have you discussed this with anyone (such as a guidance counselor)?

Last edited:
Do you know what you want to study at college yet?

Why do you plan to attend LAVC?

How are your high school grades so far?

How far do you want to get in terms of college study (do you plan on getting an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, post-Bachelor’s certificate, Master’s or PhD?)

Besides Cal State Northridge, have you considered any other universities, such as other Cal State universities or a UC? What were the negative things you heard about CSUN?

Have you discussed this with anyone (such as a guidance counselor)?
I wanna major in biology and go to med school. My school grades are alright and I heard that only students with bad grades go to CSUN and there is no parties. I first considered CSUN because it's the closet to my house.

I wanna major in biology and go to med school. My school grades are alright and I heard that only students with bad grades go to CSUN and there is no parties. I first considered CSUN because it's the closet to my house.

Why do you plan to start at LAVC instead of a 4-year university?

By “alright” grades, what exactly do you mean?

I have sent you a private message.

Why do you plan to start at LAVC instead of a 4-year university?

By “alright” grades, what exactly do you mean?

I have sent you a private message.
My dad said should transfer after 2 years.

My grades are nothing special but not bad either.

San Diego State University is well-ranked in terms of pursuing a degree in biology. Otherwise virtually all the other universities ahead of them are in the UC system, which I suspect you may not be technically eligible in applying for. Tough and expensive universities in comparison with the state university system.

https://www.collegefactual.com/majo.../top-ranked/far-western-us/california/p2.html

My dad said should transfer after 2 years.

My grades are nothing special but not bad either.
OK, I was asking because “alright” grades can mean different things to different people (one student might consider an A to A- average to be “alright”, while another student might consider a C to C- average to be “alright”), and thought that information might be helpful in people advising you which universities to aim for. However, you may gain different grade averages (better or worse) in college than in high school, so I think if you transfer to a university which university to transfer to would somewhat depend on your grades during your first 2 years of college.

I am not knowledgeable about medicine or med school, but it is my impression that very high grades are extremely important for med school. Also, it is my impression that volunteer experience in medicine would be crucial for admission to med school, and if you haven’t already done an internship or volunteered at e.g. a clinic, hospital or other similar setting (and gain written evidence that you have done that), I think it would be good to do that during the weekends and/or school holidays (so that you can have a better idea of the medicine field and also be able to include that in your application to med school).

I think that if you could, it would be a good idea to discuss this with your school guidance counselor, as well as someone who works in the field of medicine.

It would also be important to find out what the admission requirements of different med schools are.

Last edited:
OK, I was asking because “alright” grades can mean different things to different people (one student might consider an A to A- average to be “alright”, while another student might consider a C to C- average to be “alright”), and thought that information might be helpful in people advising you which universities to aim for. However, you may gain different grade averages (better or worse) in college than in high school, so I think if you transfer to a university which university to transfer to would somewhat depend on your grades during your first 2 years of college.

I am not knowledgeable about medicine or med school, but it is my impression that very high grades are extremely important for med school. Also, it is my impression that volunteer experience in medicine would be crucial for admission to med school, and if you haven’t already done an internship or volunteered at e.g. a clinic, hospital or other similar setting (and gain written evidence that you have done that), I think it would be good to do that during the weekends and/or school holidays (so that you can have a better idea of the medicine field and also be able to include that in your application to med school).

I think that if you could, it would be a good idea to discuss this with your school guidance counselor, as well as someone who works in the field of medicine.

It would also be important to find out what the admission requirements of different med schools are.
Where can I volunteer? I'd like to know so I can get one that. @Chrysanthemum

Last edited:
Where can I volunteer? I'd like to know so I can get one that. @Chrysanthemum
Perhaps look for volunteer/internship opportunities in clinics and hospitals?

You can perhaps volunteer in clinics, hospitals, hospices, centres for the elderly and centres for people with disabilities (however, I am not very knowledgeable about medical school admission requirements since I haven't wanted to go to medical school myself so if I were you I would look up what type of volunteer opportunities are accepted)?

If your parents are willing and able to give you advice about or suggestions of volunteer opportunities, perhaps ask them for suggestions of volunteer activities?

Are you able to talk with your with school counselor or college/career counselor at your school about this (if your school has a counselor)?

New Threads

Top Bottom