• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What supposedly great movies do you not like?

'"Blair Witch Project". I am still upset that I actually paid for my wife and I to see that. Several people told me what a good film that was.

'

I haven't seen BWP, but it seems to be true for all of the found-footage films that I have seen, like Apollo 18 & Europa Report.

Last edited:
Frozen. It was ok and visually appealing, but I found the story underwhelming. Oh, and I do not get AT ALL the appeal of "Let it Go." I don't think it's that catchy of a song.

"Life is Beautiful"

A comedy-drama about Nazi concentration camp victim trying to paint a happy face on his predicament to protect his child. An absurd premise on multiple levels considering the historical, grim reality of those in such a situation.

@Rich Allen: I loved the Matrix movies! How dare you speak blasphemy and rail against the greatest movie in the history of film! I loved the Lord of the Rings movies, too! In fact, those are my two favorite movies of all time! BLASPHEMER!

@Hopeless_Aspie_Guy I agree with you about Avatar. I always thought that movie was overrated. Everyone talked about how great it was, but it wasn't nearly as original as people said it was. Everything in that movie had already been done before.

@toothless Fair enough. Maybe I shouldn't have used that word. I'll try to start using another word.

Oh, and I do not get AT ALL the appeal of "Let it Go." I don't think it's that catchy of a song.
I do, but a song can't rescue a whole film and maybe it only looks good because it's been a long time since disneys golden days and top quality animated classics.

I agree with you about Avatar. I always thought that movie was overrated. Everyone talked about how great it was, but it wasn't nearly as original as people said it was. Everything in that movie had already been done before.

It got all its hype not because of the storyline but because of the groundbreaking special effects and the atmosphere and the concept of the super-lanks (what I called their lanky avatars). I felt it was overrated though because its stroyline wasn't original and because somehow James Cameron had the two highest box office films (which is greedy and unfair).

'"Blair Witch Project". I am still upset that I actually paid for my wife and I to see that. Several people told me what a good film that was.

I like it, but this film is a 'cult' classic, which means it's legiondary only to a small cult following , not a mainstream audience.

@Rich Allen: I loved the Matrix movies! How dare you speak blasphemy and rail against the greatest movie in the history of film! I loved the Lord of the Rings movies, too! In fact, those are my two favorite movies of all time! BLASPHEMER!

@Hopeless_Aspie_Guy I agree with you about Avatar. I always thought that movie was overrated. Everyone talked about how great it was, but it wasn't nearly as original as people said it was. Everything in that movie had already been done before.

@toothless Fair enough. Maybe I shouldn't have used that word. I'll try to start using another word.

You're entitled to your opinion, but blasphemous is the wrong word to use mate.

Not really.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of blasphemy
plural
blasphemies
  1. 1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God accused of blasphemy
    1b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deity for a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy— John Bright †1889
  2. 2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
Some feel so strongly that they do consider some films to be sacred.

never liked four weddings and a funeral or movies obviously created for one actor ,the batman movies started to bore me

Everyone has a few movies that are considered great that they just don't get....What are the "Great" movies that you don't like?
A ton. On top of the ones you named and Titanic (not gonna go through every comment to see which others are named), some that come to mind are Saving Private Ryan (mostly melodramatic without much actually occurring) Avatar (fern gully in 3d with blue people) 300 (more like a video game cutscene than a movie) and M Night Shymalayan movies (plot twist: the aliens dissolve in water!).

I don't recall any of M. Night Shymalyan's films as being considered "great". :p

"The Village" in particular irked me because I figured out the basic plot much too early.

Don't take it too seriously. I meant it as a joke. The LOTR trilogy and The first first two Matrix movies just happen to be literally my favorite movies of all time.

The first two Matrix movies just happen to be literally my favorite movies of all time.

Highly sophisticated artificial lifeforms who go to the trouble of destroying the earth and subjugate the surviving inhabitants, only to put them into a "Sims" game on a massive scale? Why not simply destroy them as a race just as they did their physical infrastructure?

I can only suppose their original programming was done by a child who had a penchant for dollhouses. Otherwise the most basic premise of this trilogy never made any sense to me. :confused:

Highly sophisticated artificial lifeforms who go to the trouble of destroying the earth and subjugate the surviving inhabitants, only to put them into a "Sims" game on a massive scale? Why ?

I can only suppose their original programming was done by a child who had a penchant for dollhouses. Otherwise the most basic premise of this trilogy never made any sense to me. :confused:
The machines did that in order to survive. They used the body from people to run after the sky was scorched. It's supposed to be an allegory anyway about our modern dependence on technology and the nature of reality.

New Threads

Top Bottom