• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What supposedly great movies do you not like?

Moana is one of the most disappointing Disney movies to be released since Disney starting doing CGI movies. To me it just felt like they mashed elements of the (far superior in my opinion) movies Frozen and Brave together and used an island setting. It really pales in comparison to their other recent (and more creative) films like Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph and Big Hero 6.

Lord of the Rings! There's so much walking!

This comment got a laugh out of me as one of the biggest flaws that people point out is that the series could have ended in the first film alone if they just used the eagles to fly the heroes to Mount Doom and just have Frodo (who resisted the ring's evil for a very long time) just drop it into the volcano.
Heck, "How it should have ended" made fun of how big a plot-hole this was:

Last edited:
James Cameron's Avatar, 2/10 and that's being generous, one of THE most overrated piles of cack ever made IMO.

Terminator 3 and Salvation, after the classics that were the first 2 Terminator movies, I saw T3. Bad! And Terminator Salvation was also crap IMO.

And I know I'll get hung, drawn and quartered for this but the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy and all 5 Hobbit movies, most PANTS movie series ever IMO.
To me it seems like Peter Jackson read the Lotr cliff notes, hired a bunch of special effects people, and ripped off the original cartoon Lotr cartoon (which he denied until being pressed). I hate the energetic music in the fight scenes. Gollum is creepy in more of a child perv way than a tormented loner way.

J.R.R. Tolkien's son Christopher hated (and apparently still doesn't like) the movies, considering them to be missing the boat completely. Christopher Tolkien edited and arranged all of his father's post-humous works.

This comment got a laugh out of me as one of the biggest flaws that people point out is that the series could have ended in the first film alone if they just used the eagles to fly the heroes to Mount Doom and just have Frodo (who resisted the ring's evil for a very long time) just drop it into the volcano.
Heck, "How it should have ended" made fun of how big a plot-hole this was:

It could have ended in less than ten minutes if “no” ended up getting a man skewered with a sword and a ring tossed into the fires of Mt Doom.

Titanic
Forrest Gump
Any Star Wars movie since the original trilogy and it's been years since I last watched them.
Any and all superhero movies.
LOTR. I did read the Hobbit and the LOTR book trilogy in the 1990's, however. And no one else cared about them until the movies came out. Pretty sad.
The Harry Potter movies (But I was obsessed with the books until after Order of the Phoenix.
The Incredibles 1 and 2
The Lego movies
Jurassic Park after the 1st movie.
E.T.

Did I mention James Cameron's Avatar? One of THE biggest and most overrated piles of turd ever made (IMO)?

'"Blair Witch Project". I am still upset that I actually paid for my wife and I to see that. Several people told me what a good film that was.
I'm with you on that one, although I did appreciate the film more when I saw it a second time. When it originally came out, back in 1999 IIRC, it was billed as the scariest film ever. I didn't want to see it at the cinema because I had no-one to hold my hand (seriously!) and waited until it was shown on TV. When I finally saw it, I was totally underwhelmed: it was no more than a bunch of whiny Americans running around a wood swearing a lot! In fairness, because I was watching it at home (recorded on video - this was before the digital switchover) I chose to watch it in instalments over meals and the like, without giving it my full attention. I think you do need to engage with the film more fully to appreciate it, because it's of relatively short duration and if you miss certain scenes the characters' reactions make little sense.

When I saw it the second time it was at an open-air screening in a wood, which helped immensely. :)

Grease OTOH is an unredeemable crock of sh1t.

Black Panther, not as good as it was hyped up to be IMO, I'm not racist by any means, I just didn't rate the characters or the story.

I'm with you on that one, although I did appreciate the film more when I saw it a second time. When it originally came out, back in 1999 IIRC, it was billed as the scariest film ever. I didn't want to see it at the cinema because I had no-one to hold my hand (seriously!) and waited until it was shown on TV. When I finally saw it, I was totally underwhelmed: it was no more than a bunch of whiny Americans running around a wood swearing a lot! In fairness, because I was watching it at home (recorded on video - this was before the digital switchover) I chose to watch it in instalments over meals and the like, without giving it my full attention. I think you do need to engage with the film more fully to appreciate it, because it's of relatively short duration and if you miss certain scenes the characters' reactions make little sense.

When I saw it the second time it was at an open-air screening in a wood, which helped immensely. :)

I haven't actually seen this film, because it didn't look interesting to me at the time. However, I have been to where it was filmed and seen some of the locations (in daylight!), because I had a friend who wanted me to drive him there.

Bridget Jones stupid diary.
What really baffles me about Bridget Jones is the way she's become a byword for a sad single woman. In the film she is pursued by two attractive men in a short space of time. If that happened to me I don't think I would be complaining! I was also puzzled by Bridget's concern over her weight - because I weighed (probably still weigh) more than her and do not consider myself to be overweight. Perhaps I've got body dysmorphia in reverse?!

Additionally I contributed this to Movie Mistakes:
Factual error: After Bridget arrives back in London from a visit to her parents, the camera pans away to reveal the train on which she is supposed to have travelled. You can tell from its distinctive yellow and white exterior that it's a Connex train, but these only run on the suburban commuter routes through south London to East Sussex, Surrey and Kent - nowhere near Mr and Mrs Jones's Cotswold home. Rail services from the Cotswolds are operated by First Great Western (grey high speed trains) and Thames Trains (navy blue exteriors) and terminate at Paddington in west London. (hyperlinks added for the now defunct train operating companies)

I agree, apart from The Greatest Showman, that was brilliant. I hate most musicals.

I love musicals! My top 5 musicals ever are, in the following order...

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat
My Fair Lady
Hairspray
Mamma Mia

New Threads

Top Bottom