• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Supplements Do You Take?

I'm led to believe pineapple or grapefruit contain enzymes to break down fats in the body.

Oranges, satsumas and tangerines assist digestive transit :)
yeah, you are right) Sometimes I eat grapefruit before main meal. The bitterness of grapefruit helps digest and better absorb fats from food. I also love making and using pectin gummies. Some research suggests that pectin, like other soluble fibers such as those found in oatmeal and in psyllium husks, can help lower LDL "bad" cholesterol.

Last edited:
I take iron, folate, and b12 supplements. I have chronic anemia, so I started taking all three of those instead of only iron and it helped a bit.

I thought I'd come here and say, according to reddit, there are many people who have had life ruining experiences with Lion's mane.
I never tried it, was just curious.
There is even a subreddit for negative lion's mane experiences.

I take only 2 supplements, and even those I take rarely.

If I've been off my food and not eating properly I'll take a megamulti vitamin capsule, 1 only.

A common problem with men that work standing up all day is cramps in the lower legs and feet, I take Magnesium for that. 1 or 2 a month is enough.

And here's how old wive's tales and misunderstanding can be harmful. A lot of people will tell you to take salt for cramps. This does nothing to alleviate the cramps and will instead give you heart problems. Where people got the idea about salt from was a product called Epsom Salts, which is not salt at all but Magnesium Sulphide.

My mother told me that when she was a girl in Louisiana,
the softball coach recommended salt for them if they
had leg cramps during the hot weather.

I thought I'd come here and say, according to reddit, there are many people who have had life ruining experiences with Lion's mane.
I never tried it, was just curious.
There is even a subreddit for negative lion's mane experiences.
Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder 1x daily, though I would take it twice if needed more (haven't): Love that sup take it in powdered form. Will only order Stamets mushrooms (Host Defense) Tablets by them are enough, so I use the powder. Before I drink my smoothie, I pour a little bit of liquid or smoothy in a 1 ounce shooter glass and mix the mushroom powder in that. I originally got it for focus and brain protection, and then noticed.. oh wow... this lightens my triggers to be anxious when emergency hits.

I can see why it is said to help with anxiety and depression.

Adaptogens and mushrooms have been a game changer for me. I am so grateful for those who have done research in those areas, particularly Stamets.

1/2 teaspoon Lion's Mane in am before consumption of much of my food before
K
D
Astragalus 1-3x daily (Adaptogen-helps with energy level)
Ubiquinol/ CoQ10
Zinc
Vit B complex
Neuro Mag (Mag L-Threonate) 3x daily
DHA (1000 mg)

I also juice in the am before any of the above. Carrots with a power greens blend (kale/spinach etc) in a high speed (think older acme juicer). Let that digest then on with other nutrition, which sometimes consists of a protein shake before going into standard remaining 1-2 meals for the day. 1st meal gets the list of sups on a full stomach.
The Lions Mane is good for energy and brain clarity/function. Also helps with anxiety. If later in the day it wears off and triggers present I then take a supplement that is for stress and has Reishi, Lion's Mane, Skullcap, Lemon Balm, and Ashwaganda in it (Its a Stress Decompress sup that dose is 2, but I only take 1).
Another great adaptogen (as long as you are not bi-polar) is Rhodiola Rosea. I keep that in my arsenal in case I need quick energizing in the morning, both mentally and physically.
Last, but NOT least: Add two or more dogs to the above, multiple times a day, as they need and I need lol (take and give on demand woof)

Last edited:
Lion's Mane Mushroom Powder 1x daily, though I would take it twice if needed more (haven't): Love that sup take it in powdered form. Will only order Stamets mushrooms (Host Defense) Tablets by them are enough, so I use the powder. Before I drink my smoothie, I pour a little bit of liquid or smoothy in a 1 ounce shooter glass and mix the mushroom powder in that. I originally got it for focus and brain protection, and then noticed.. oh wow... this lightens my triggers to be anxious when emergency hits.

I can see why it is said to help with anxiety and depression.
Thank you for sharing.

I'm curious about these peptides that folks are praising lately. BPC-157 to be exact.

New Threads

Top Bottom