• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

I wonder where they got the concept for that video from..hmmn. (That Happy Days retro idea. Brilliant. ) I guess we'll never know.

Blur - The Universal
Wonder where they got the idea. So stylistic, almost like it was based off a movie. Maybe a movie from the early 70's. Maybe one that was banned for 25 years. I Guess We'll Never Know.

Billy Joel - Sometimes A Fantasy
My favorite Billy Joel songs are the ones where on he sounds like Mcartney (My Life), or Jagger (Big shot.) On this it's been pointed out he sounds like..Ric okasek. He's very versatile.

Also the subject matter of this song. Risque for 1980. But Billy is right, They just words, just fantasy....I've had convos with girls describe very graphic things, what they dong to them themselves. I totally relate to this song. :sweatsmile: Totally innocent chats.

Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
Classic. Never noticed the reverb/clean vocals mix switch. (Until it was pointed out in the comments.)That's very unusual. Never heard any other song do that.

Billy Joel - Through the Long Night
Beatles vibes. Billy Joel does a great Mcartney-Lennon style song. I love that vibe.

Billy Joel - Big Shot
I detect strong Jagger manerisms, in this video. I didn't know Bill Joel, could rock like this. Love the energy.

Wish I grew up IN 70's NYC. Strong MCartney vibes. Another classic, I'm more familiar with this. Course my favorite BJ song of all time. Is "Pressure." I saw that video years ago. Instantly sucked in.

Billy Joel - Pressure
I hear Lennonesque , Bowiesque style influence on the vocals. Especially In the middle section.

Funny comment. :grinning:
Wow, Sylvester Stallone was a pretty talented musician in the 80s...

Talking Heads - Warning Sign

One of the earliest Talking Heads songs, David Bryne and Chris Frantz wrote "Warning Sign" in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1973 when they were in a band called The Artistics (they formed at the Rhode Island School of Design, thus the name).

Last edited:
Talking Heads' "The Lady Don't Mind," from the 1985 album Little Creatures.
There could have been more suggestive shots of the nice New York lady in her apartment. But they held back, kept it artistic. I kinda like that style.

But topless girls wrestling sumos would have been great too. Duran Duran style.

New Threads

Top Bottom