• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should I do?

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
My dad asked me if I’ve been in touch with my former friend’s mom.. I told him not really because I haven’t told him what went on with my friend and I. My mom only knows and I don’t want to tell my dad the truth because he’ll be worried about me not having any friends. What should I do?

My mom only knows and I don’t want to tell my dad the truth because he’ll be worried about me not having any friends. What should I do?

Sounds like you made an adult decision to spare your father any grief and worry.

Seems like a very considerate thing to do. On occasion there may be some things that may not be advisable to tell one's parent. Not something I would emphasize to a child, but to a fellow adult...yes.

Last edited:
You’re an adult. It’s your life and your decision. But wouldn’t it be nice to unburden yourself with this problem of keeping a secret? Eventually the truth finds its way out, so he’ll likely find out in the future and you’ll have stressed out over lying to your father for that whole time.

If it was me….. I would keep up the charade and just keep lying. But I realize that my life is less crappy when I just tell the truth, even when it seems insignificant.

New Threads

Top Bottom