• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should be the symbol for AS?

Guys, I think one of those would be perfect! Some of them even look like neuronal connections!
dandelion-vectors.jpg

The puzzle piece is meant to symbolize the thing we're lacking, whatever that is. The thing that allegedly would make us neurotypical if we had it.

I see the puzzle piece differently than you. To me it signifies what little they do know about us.

I can really identify with this sphere.

Not me, but rather the people who cam up with it. The Wrights and A$.
No,the way I see it is that they will never be able to figure us out,so we remain their puzzle. We already have them figured out because they aren't as complex as us ;)

I like the dandelion idea also, there is an issue with it though. Will male aspies want to be represented by a flower?

Why should flowers be a ''female only'' kind of thing anyway? I don't know how many autistic males (AS means Autism Spectrum, not aspergers) would be too macho to accept a flower as a symbol, especially since it's not a frilly and girly kind of flower, it's considered a weed.

You should ask them instead of assuming anything about what they may or may not want Aspierin.

I guess so, but it would be a shame that such a good symbol would be rejected just because it's ''too unmanly''...

I keep finding a post to read, then discovering that it's two or more years old. :p

I like the rainbow infinity symbol, or rainbow moebius infinity symbol. I saw someone explain that using the infinity symbol because it has room for all of us on the spectrum, even though we have a wide range of talents and impairments. And rainbow for the spectrum thing. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom