• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What rumors have people started about you?

I've never been important enough for someone to start a rumor about me. I was generally invisible in school, and now I go to school with 45,000 people so it's all good.

Me too. Well, there are no rumors about me in school since I'm homeschooled, but if there are any rumors they're among my church family/group of friends. As far as I know, though, there are none. I just don't get much attention unless I really try. lol

The only rumor about me that I know of was that
I had graduated from high school very early and
was 16 in college.

This got started from the way I looked and the
fact that I did not own or drive a car.

When I was working at the video store, I often heard rumors of how I was pregnant. Which I criticised them for not telling me who the dad was joked that I wanted to know if he was any good. So then I also had rumors started about how I was a promiscuous slut.

When I was twelve, I had a Sunday School teacher go into details about circumcision to a classroom full of girls younger than me, and when I said that was wrong, she started going on about how I didn't like boys and none of the girls should talk about boys around me.

When I mistakenly let some of my grandparents' church family onto my MySpace profile, they started spreading rumors that I was a hedonistic tramp all because my sister had a horrible birthday and I drew a picture of her as a cute fairy to cheer her up.

Then just a few months later, they started spreading rumors of how I was suicidal and worrying my grandparents instead of talking to me. Which ended in a nice public confrontation about how they were backstabbing cowards who should have come to me with any concerns rather than spreading rumors. And a few nice words about the previous incident involving my sister.

When I told my mother-in-law I was talking to a male counselor online, I started hearing about how I was cheating on my husband. Stupid, stupid woman...

How in the world I get all those slut accusations is beyond me. I am the Frumpmeister, master of casual clothing, and my husband can attest first hand how aggressively I chase off guys. It'd be much more logical if I had a series of lesbian rumors!

I've had people say that I'm gay, schizophrenic, on drugs, a prostitute, a kleptomaniac, married to my stepfather 0.0, and the one particularly odd one was that I was a Puerto Rican immigrant that didn't speak a word of English.

I really wouldn't know, people always forget to mention to me what they were saying behind my back.
This. I don't know what people are saying about me, though someone's kid once said that I had psychological problems.

Once a long time ago, I had to escape from an abusive person. I did so, and yet that is not the story. I was on a camping trip with my toddler, and some acquaintances. When my happy little girl awoke in the morning she was playing with small toys quietly inside our tent, and as I awoke she tossed her toy for me to play with. Ha. I wasn't awake enough and it pegged me right in the eye. It really did not hurt (I have a weirdly high pain tolerance), and I forgot all about it. But it gave me a black eye, and no one would believe me when I told them that it wasn't my ex! Everyone thought I covering for him. The more I insisted, the worse it got so I just let it go, because it was terribly close to the truth anyway.
Sorry that got kinda long.

In grade seven I went back to visit my elementary school. I had grown considerably that year. Within fifteen minutes word had spread that I was seven feet tall and had hit my head on the door frame coming in. I am tall, but not that tall.

People always used to presume I was a drug dealer.

People thought I showed up to work high. In reality I was just tuning everything out.

People thought I couldn't read. (I only scored over 90% on my English finals. lol)

People thought I was gay. They were sort of right, but not really.

I used to be very skinny, which spawned rumors that I was anorexic and/or bulimic. In actuality I ate massive quantities of food and kept it down. I just grew taller and skinnier.

People would tell me that my mother was a whore. I would tell them matter-of-fact that they were mistaken and that she was at home the hours they claimed to have seen her working.

New Threads

Top Bottom