• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What other conditions do you have?

Anxiety, depression, and irritable bowel syndrome. Also, I've never been officially screened for/dx'd with complex PTSD or borderline personality disorder, but I identify with/fit *sooooo* many descriptions/symptom checklists for both.

...Can't edit my last post, so here's an addendum to say that I've apparently developed what I think might be plantar fasciitis (sp?) in the heel of my right foot within the last couple months. It's not too bad...on bad days I just kind of limp at first after getting to my feet to walk somewhere, but it gets better the more I walk on it.

...Can't edit my last post, so here's an addendum to say that I've apparently developed what I think might be plantar fasciitis (sp?) in the heel of my right foot within the last couple months. It's not too bad...on bad days I just kind of limp at first after getting to my feet to walk somewhere, but it gets better the more I walk on it.
had that a few years ago I would have happily cut my foot off

Another name for it is policemans heel does it feel like a rock is pushing up to the back of your foot the bottom of your heel.

Endometriosis. I also have lifelong insomnia, but I wouldn't say I 'suffer' from it (besides getting bored if everyone else is sleeping). Also likely ADHD, although I've never been officially diagnosed with it. I once dated a guy with ADHD and tried his medication for a week (yes, I realise that's bad) and it really calmed me down but made me feel a bit sick. So now I just use Pro Plus (caffeine pills) which seem to have a very similar effect. I wouldn't bother getting an ADHD diagnosis though, as I seem to be able to manage the symptoms fine through diet and lifestyle. My GP tells me off every time I see him about potential abuse of caffeine, but as long as I keep it to a minimum (similar to drinking coffee) then it's ok!

Austin - I'm the same. I recently tried the vegan route for a year and got so sick that I ended up in A&E a couple of times. It seems to be very healthy for a lot of people, but incredibly unhealthy for others. I also put on a ton of weight, which for me is unusual (and I wasn't living on junk food), and was told I had become pre diabetic and deficient in a bunch of vitamins and other things as a result. My doctor sent me to a dietician who has put me on something like the paleo diet (meat, fish, eggs, nuts, veg, etc) and it's only been a few weeks, but I'm already feeling a LOT better. I would recommend it if you need a high protein diet. I am incredibly careful about where I buy meat/fish, as I don't like the idea of animals suffering. But my body apparently freaks out if I don't give it tons of protein so going veggie 100% will never happen. Although, in return I am happy for any animals to cook and eat me when I die!

Last edited:
I have panic attacks since the primary school. Sometimes I don't have them at all for months, sometimes I'm going so anxious, that I start feeling like there is one long mild panic attack that lasts the whole day and can turn to severe one if something triggers it (I think it could be GAD, I'm currently looking for a therapist to find it out). I'm used to suffering from depression. Depression is so common for me that I'm surprised if I don't feel suicidal for a long time. I was also having sleeping paralysis, no idea where it's gone now.

I read online somewhere that (I forget where exactly but I think it was on this forum) that it's uncommon for people on the spectrum to just be autistic. They also have something else as well. Is this the case for you? I also have ADHD, depression and anxiety. What about you?

I read online somewhere that (I forget where exactly but I think it was on this forum) that it's uncommon for people on the spectrum to just be autistic. They also have something else as well. Is this the case for you? I also have ADHD, depression and anxiety. What about you?

There are some other threads, besides this one, in which people ask what else:

Your experience with ASD and comorbidities
Other behaviors/conditions associated with AS
Comorbidity between Autism and Borderline Personality Disorder.
https://www.autismforums.com/thread...spergers-and-schizophrenia.22690/#post-451328
Schizoaffective comorbid autism

I’m not exactly sure completely but I have ADHD as well I used to have a seizure disorder polycystic ovary’s
And possibly something else

I thought it would be interesting to see what people also have to deal with in their lives aside from Asperger's and autism. You can include anything, whether it's mental or physical, comorbid or unrelated, it just has to impede on your daily life in some way.

So tell me, what other conditions do you have to deal with either it's a bad back, bipolar, Down's syndrome or arthritis. And vent about it if you wish to.

From what I know, I have social anxiety, chronic self-loathing (which is probably due to my PTSD) and a strong fear of closed crowded spaces with no visible and accesible exit. I can for example enter an average elevator but I will have strong issues with an elevator that is crowded or a space that doesn't have an easily immediate access to an exit like some banks and a mild form of OCD.

I have a severe social phobia which makes me more or less unable to go outside much, really bad anxiety in that if i ever have an appointment coming up i'll just constantly worry about it non stop(can get ill from worrying) until it's over and depression due to the struggles of being stuck

Severe social anxiety, as well as Cerebral Palsy.

All of those things mixed together don't equal the best of something.

I've struggled with severe sinusitis my entire life. Underwent septoplasty to reshape my half-blocked right nostril, and turbinoplasty to open up my sinuses when I was in my late twenties, when I could barely function for weeks at a time. And that did help. Thank goodness, because obviously living on antibiotics wasn't the answer!

But I still suffer with it a lot, and it's debilitating when it's really bad: excruciating faceaches, high fevers, raw throat and coughing from all the post-nasal drip, and even vomiting. Being a girl with the attendant hormonal cycles is the worst; I can usually expect a flare-up to go along with all the other monthly fun. Whee!

The household purchase limits on pseudoephedrine can be rough (and I hate having to sign for it at the counter and show my license -- I always wonder if the pharma techs think I'm a meth head, because sometimes when I'm feeling rough I must look like it!). But I've had a little success with daily Flonase. Pricey, but worth the reduction in flare-ups and the worst symptoms.

That's rough, that is horrible to go through, and you feel like a guinea pig, because the doc just keeps giving you different things. l suffered through this in Hawaii, finally went away, horrible pressure.

New Threads

Top Bottom