• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What other conditions do you have?

ADHD combined type, for which I take daily medication.

I'm getting better at understanding how ADHD and ASD affect me, both together and seperately. But I try focus on the symptoms rather than the medical labels.

I don't have Aspergers, but I do most likely have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Nonverbal Learning Disability, Depression, certain obsessive and compulsive traits, and possible ADHD, not sure about the last one.

Then again, I'm not sure how well labels define a person.

The DSM is always changing, and sometimes I wonder if putting myself into a box and saying "I have X, Y or Z" isn't healthy psychologically.

I'm really not sure it matters either way.

It's all about your symptoms and how you deal with them IMO.

I have ADHD, Ehlers danlos, ataxia, dyslexia, dyspraxia, hypertoia, epilepsy, PORS, scoliosis, severe anxiety and low blood pressure.

Because of these conditions I am in constant pain, have seizure an faints most days, have a severe intention tremor, constant dislocation and spasms, puking and the inability to focus.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder, agoraphobia, anthropophobia, depression. Those are the only ones I can think of right now.

I have PTSD from childhood abuse, a bulging L4-L5 from a work injury 2 years ago (Lots of hip pain and popping - not much back pain), left leg weakness from the 6 months I was paralyzed from the back injury, plantar fasciitis in my right foot from overcompensating from the paralysis and weakness, AS - self diagnosed, ADHD - self diagnosed, OCD - self diagnosed, recurring bilateral calcium kidney stones, social anxiety, face blindness, dystonia, and moderate hearing loss in one ear.

Despite that and being overweight from said back injury and the recovery time, I feel that I am doing okay daily. I was kicked out of physical therapy because it was worker's compensation and they considered me cured as soon as I could 'walk' again. I took swimming classes and I'm doing self driven physical therapy through exercise, stretches, and swimming.

I have aspergers, polyscystic ovary syndrome, generalised anxiety disorder, insomnia.I've had depression in the past.

My partner has aspergers, depression and Mutiple sclerosis.

Clearly m.s is the biggie for us. He's had the diagnosis for twelve months. I still cry about it sometimes.

do you know the two types of psychosis there is violent psychosis and non violent psychosis
another random fact
Personally, I have depression which has been severe to a point where I'm contemplated taking my own life although I've never once attempted it and I hope I never will. It's just hard to see an ending to the pain brought on by the other conditions I have.

I have some sort of anxiety related condition. It could be OCD since I get intrusive thoughts. But I get anxiety about leaving the house on my own to go places. Getting on my motorcycle requires a lot of energy to ignore the bad thought that enters my mind.

I also have a tic disorder, most of which are motor tics. So, involuntary movement. I do have one tic that involves breathing so depending on who you ask that could count as a phonic tic which could mean I meet the diagnosis for Tourette's syndrome. My tics are fairly subtle though and don't get noticed any people, but of course as the person experiencing them I can definitely tell when I've just ticced.

I have a bad back. I get some discomfort from that. I'm only 25, sod's law.

And I may or may not have suffered psychosis. This is a talking point between me, my social worker and my psychiatrist at the moment. Looking back at it, yes, I was in a bad state of mind but I'm not sure if it was psychotic.

do you know the two types of psychosis there is violent psychosis and non violent psychosis
another random fact

There's also other facts like people with psychosis are more likely to be the victim of attacks. And those you are "violent" are more likely to be thinking of self harming than wanting to inflict harm on others.

you make me feel ungrateful
I am legally blind, have glaucoma, premature retinitis. I can't drive.
Things are blurry, in distinct, details more fuzzy than sharp, glare creates a whiteout situation, I have little peripheral vision (this means top and bottom, too, so real challenges with curbs, stairs, debris on ground, etc.).

Each day, I am so very grateful for the beautiful eyesight that I do have. I really appreciate colors, nature, :herb:smiles, whatever I am able yo see. :hibiscus: Yup, I feel really blessed and lucky! :)

I've been diagnosed with OCD and Panic Disorder without agoraphobia. I also have bouts of intense paranoia and I occasionally get the urge to commit acts of violence, but I don't know if they're just a part of what I've already been diagnosed with or if they're something else. My dad has experienced several psychotic episodes before and I worry a lot about winding up like him one day. (He's been institutionalized at least twice.)

I have severe anxieties, OCD and general - but my doc told me that it's common for Aspies to exhibit those. I worry so much that I feel like I'm on the verge of depression. My meltdowns can be pretty rough, sometimes to the point of me hitting myself in the face and slapping myself on the cheek. My parents are very concerned about my mental health. I have so much trouble controlling my emotions, and I can be very hyper-happy at some moments and have those severe meltdowns at others; this all makes me wonder if I'm also bipoloar (my grandma was bipolar).

I'm also wondering if I have Tourette Syndrome, never had it checked out. I exhibit multiple facial tics, including eye blinking, nose twitching and head-shaking; I also utter random words, often screaming them out - and I also make quiet random sounds. I also utter some random swear words. The tics might occur because I'm just always nervous and anxious. Any opinions?

I just have a general feeling that I might have more than just Asperger's, and I'm thinking of asking my doc about it (specifically bipolar disorder, depression and Tourette's).

Ummm let's see.... Depression, anxiety, PCOS, I used to have vocal ticks as well. I broke my right fibula and have surgical steel in my ankle now as a result. I have face blindness and chronic fatigue too.

What other conditions do I have?
PTSD (childhood trauma), Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, Mild Tourettes, anxiety, panic disorder, some pretty bad fatigue issues if I cant go off and recharge somewhere. Oh and lets not forget that lovely depression that likes to try and tear me down to nothing... I know it goes away, so its not happening so much any more.

The best condition I have... Learned Optimism. Don't let this crap rule your LIFE! I used my weakness to find my strengths, it made all the difference in my inner world, and the world I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Along with my aspergers I had psoriasis on my scalp which was inflamed and scaly but I've been taking humaria injections for it for 3 years now and it has not come back since. However during I did develop psoriatic arthritis on my knees and it gets painful every week. I take the same injections for those every 10 days, it only helps temporairly though. For a 21 year old that's too much for me.

Along with my aspie/autistic self I have a few other 'fun' additions. Back problems that started around age 20. Psychologist in the past noticed that I have OCD behaviors but maybe not enough for a diagnosis, I don't really know since I only saw him for a short while before moving but my husband is convinced I have OCD and gets quite annoyed sometimes.

I developed major anxiety earlier this year due to changes at work and started having major anxiety attacks. They seemed to stop after moving but sadly started up again two days ago and I had an anxiety attack while out shopping today.

Also I have a fragrance sensitivity so anything scented, even walking past someone with perfume or cologne, causes instant pain. And regular allergies to several things, the worst of which I think is the dust mites. Sometimes I just want to cuddle up in a blanket but putting it anywhere near my face or shaking it just makes my sinuses hurt. I envy anyone who can sit on a couch, lay on a bed, walk through a thrift store or sit on the carpet without pain.

New Threads

Top Bottom