• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of music did your grandparents listen to?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Post a song for your Paternal grandparents and one for your Maternal grandparents, to show what kind of music they liked.

I'll go first:

Paternal Grandparents:

Maternal Grandparents:

Yeah, the two sets of grandparents had very little in common. lol

I am the age of most grandparents, for the most part we like rock and roll music. i'm 67. 60's and 70s' rock.my Dad before he died liked Mozart. European, no swing or country for him.

Last edited:
I have no idea what they listened to, I can't recall ever being at any of their houses and them listening to music. One set of grandparents just watched TV, another had a radio but listened to Radio 4 (not music) and none had a turntable. I think that one granny liked crooners popular in the 1940s, though.

As with progster...... I've no idea.
Had one pair of grandparents, 2,500 miles away.
We visited every other summer, but music wasn't on because they lived in a low-populated area with only
one radio station. They would have considered it rude to have music on when visitors arrived. Visiting was for
good conversation!

my grandparents were in Europe rarely met them so I could not even guess their taste in music.

Last edited:
My mother’s parents loved 50’s country western music. My father’s mother preferred jazz. I do remember my great grandmother trying to bond with me by telling me she was also an Iron Maiden fan back when I was six or seven. I still think that was cool of her.

I honestly don’t think my parental grandparents really ever listened to music as I never heard the radio on while they were in the room. My grandma did like listening to my sister play the piano and was good friends with her teacher as my grandma could speak Japanese with her. If they did listen to music, it would most likely have been Japanese and Taiwanese music. It’s mostly the same for my dad as he only listens to Chinese music since he grew up in Taiwan. He was never that interested in music and I seem to have developed a love for it on my own. I don’t know about my mom’s parents.

Noticed the millennials are starting to discover my generations music from the sixties and seventies.
Led Zepplin, CCR. Suspect John Fogerty was one of us.

Younger millennials both my sons are older millennials. the only 60 stuff they noticed was Black Sabbath and the Doors my Doors cd keep disappearing as friends came over after school to listen had to rebuy it. When I in hospital recovering from stroke learning to walk again in physio a three young girls asked me what the back ground music was I told them it was rock music, they then asked me to give them a band they might like so I said Led Zepplin and then they being women said check out stairway to heaven. they were about 16 at the time volunteering at the hospital.

Last edited:
My grandma listened to classical music primarily. I can credit her in great part for getting me into classical music because she had lots of classical music CDs. I inherited them after she passed.

New Threads

Top Bottom