• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

My cat is taking up my whole pillow and cleaning himself while he sporadically meows at me, so I know he's there + also that he demands my attention.

Still waiting…
1671883072205.jpeg

I have a little dollhouse I work on from time to time, and tonight, Jules, my littler cat has been going into it and chucking the furniture out of the house. The big cat then came over to where I was working on the doll furniture and vomited on it... They are feeling most helpful tonight.

Attachments

• 320735220_878739159985512_2348907037963326420_n.jpg
    320735220_878739159985512_2348907037963326420_n.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 45
I have a little dollhouse I work on from time to time, and tonight, Jules, my littler cat has been going into it and chucking the furniture out of the house. The big cat then came over to where I was working on the doll furniture and vomited on it... They are feeling most helpful tonight.
I’m sorry, I have to do “winner” for my reaction because of the picture… Too bad about the vomit and all the chucking of furniture.

Barking.

We have a noisy house. The boiler makes noises, the water pipes make noises, the refrigerator makes noises. Abby's got this thing against the ice machine in the freezer making noises.

But, tonight? She has spent the larger part of 2 hours barking at my office! Slightly unnerving, to say the least. I checked. The office is still there--nothing happened to cause concern for its location. Better yet, no one is in it.

So I shut a door so the window reflection would stop bothering her. (Abby doesn't like reflections.) She's already wound up, though. So the dog alarm has some cause for anxiety tonight.

Now she's watching the fireplace with concern; some of the sizzlings sound like a baby bird. Poor Abby! Not sure what's going on but something has upset her.

Amazeroth, our 8 months old cat, today found the gap in the garden shed that lets him climb INTO the roof between shingles and isolation.
He did NOT find a way to get down again, though I tried to build him a bridge with that wooden beam.

In the end, it took a ladder, cream cheese and lots of coaxing to get him down...
IMG_20230105_135009429.jpg
IMG_20230105_135318155.jpg

Dog is laying on the couch sleeping with a small amount of brain power dedicated to making sure I don’t leave without him. He has a content smile but also restless look and wants to go somewhere.

We are off to get a chore done and stop at the park on the way back.

Went for a hike in a completely new park today... I was pretty amazed with the scenery. There are lots of diverse ecosystems in the area I live in. I didn't even realize this place was a five minute drive from my house! I thought it was just a golf course and a bowling alley but there's a conservation park that goes on for miles!

Some of you are probably wondering why Enzo is always my go-to hiking buddy... while most of the breeds I have are "high-maintenance" in their own right, Enzo is an English Pointer... a breed that is designed to run (mostly sprinting) over rough terrain, brush and forest for 15-20+ miles a day.
While my other dogs are content with 1 to 2 hour walks and then they go home and chill on the couch, Enzo needs a vigorous hike or a two-hour run every single day, plus at least an hour or more of physical-mental stimulation (obedience training, agility training, scent work, hunting, etc.)
His lean and muscular physique would suggest this as well. Even though he eats 4 cans and 4 cups of dog food a day!

This is not a breed I would ever recommend to an inexperienced dog owner, or someone who doesn't hunt, or someone who doesn't intend to compete in performance sports of some type. A Pointer is a versatile super-athlete who at the very least needs to be a constant hiking companion or a jogging partner (with additional mental exercise.)
Also, hunting-line dogs differ greatly from show-line dogs. A Pointer who is bred just for conformation might not be so high-strung. Enzo is a true-to-type bird dog and needs to burn off constant energy.
But, he is also proof that any dog can succeed and even excel in the right hands with the right training. He has more obedience titles than any dog I've ever had and he is one of the only Pointers to receive such awards.

Kind of a long-winded explanation, but no, I am not ignoring my other dogs or depriving them of adventures! They just need a lot less action than he does!

IMG_7187.jpg
IMG_7191.jpg
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG

Another thread idea that came to me last night that could be fun. Though if you post gibberish we'll know that your cat is walking on your keyboard!

Post a pic if you would like!

I'll start;

Dog V4 is begging for Mum's porridg

Another thread idea that came to me last night that could be fun. Though if you post gibberish we'll know that your cat is walking on your keyboard!

Post a pic if you would like!

I'll start;

Dog V4 is begging for Mum's porridge bowl.
"Tiny cat" (real name Lyra) is perched on the back of my computer chair watching me type.

It is finally snowing here again, and he’s been very excited to see it, he uses this vantage point to spy on people and look outside. He also sleeps here. I intruded on his sleep so he’s not happy with me.

Attachments

• D6AEFDC1-4089-4AD1-A618-CE93DB52322F.jpeg
    D6AEFDC1-4089-4AD1-A618-CE93DB52322F.jpeg
    781 KB · Views: 46
It is finally snowing here again, and he’s been very excited to see it, he uses this vantage point to spy on people and look outside. He also sleeps here. I intruded on his sleep so he’s not happy with me.

His eyes say a lot, they are saying "how dare you disturb me puny human" :)

New Threads

Top Bottom