• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

Help! Missing Dog!

E1FA86CF-A4E7-4EEE-A774-B01A94905838.jpeg

Turned him loose again.
It's not hunting season so in normal circumstances I wouldn't let him run (in the off-season they're supposed to be on a leash here) but the last few times we've been here there have been no people or other dogs. If there was anyone around I would have him on a leash!
Plus he's 100% responsive to voice commands and a whistle. Just any old dog, I probably wouldn't.

I didn't get any pictures of them today unfortunately, but next time I will try to photograph the bald eagles that are nesting in this area. I did get some photos of deer today though.

By the way, if you want to see similar (and possibly more breathtaking) photos of Pointers in action in the field in a rural setting, check out the book Training Bird Dogs with Ronnie Smith Kennels. It's one of my favorites!
It's $45 at Orvis and possibly less at a bookstore but it's worth the price for the stunning photography. And it's been extremely useful to me for training my Pointer!

screenshot 1.PNG

screenshot 2.PNG

screenshot 3.PNG

screenshot 4.PNG

screenshot 5.PNG

screenshot 6.PNG

screenshot 7.PNG

screenshot 8.PNG

screenshot 9.PNG

screenshot 10.PNG

@Luca you have 8 dogs? how is that possible? the space they need in your appartment/house and how do you go with them for a walk? all at once?

people here compete for who has the cutest dog : D

@Luca you have 8 dogs? how is that possible? the space they need in your appartment/house and how do you go with them for a walk? all at once?

people here compete for who has the cutest dog : D
6 of them are actually mine. They have all the rooms in my house basically to themselves, and I do walk them all at once lol, although it’s easier to walk them without a leash (in a controlled environment. I would never recommend letting a dog off leash unless they are 100% responsive to voice commands. I also use a very loud whistle.)

Houseguest
1657833949430.jpeg

This little girl is not mine, I am just minding her. I think she’s pretty comfortable here.

Hunting line Pointers and show line Pointers sometimes point differently. This “tall” stance with the tail straight up and out is more typical of hunting line Pointers. My guy here is a combination of both lines but everyone asks me if he is an Elhew. Somewhere back in the pedigree he probably is. But his father is a show champion and his mother is a serious hunting dog.

DCEF70C5-ABF2-4AED-AEFE-8326AD5BCE49.jpeg
73A3CD3C-BE5F-4617-BB97-F4C69967DA0A.jpeg

Being a pest. I had to put something heavy in a box. Guess which fuzzy nuisance dropped his ball into it before the heavy item went in?

New Threads

Top Bottom