• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your newest interest or obsession?

languages, learning Danish, even was obsessed with moving to Denmark for a while until it hit home that for various reasons it was a no-go.
Awwww noes :(

My "main" special interest is Norway :O and I most definitely don't have the ability to move there right now, but the silly special-interesty part of my brain says that's okay, I can spend the rest of my life trying to align the stars in the right way to make it happen!

Finally done, and working quite well, my 'new' VE301 dyn radio.
V=volk's=people's
E=empfanger=receiver
301=30 Jan.=when Hitler took power
dyn=electro-dynamic speaker. (lower price models used the more primitive 'reed' speaker)
Introduced in 1938 (this model), it cost 76 RM. This was 'cheap' for a radio at the time, but the average German salary was 150 RM per month, so this was still a major purchase. The transformer is stamped with the date 25 August, 1939. This set was brand new when Poland was invaded on 1 Sep. 1939. I can imagine the original owners using this set to hear the first German broadcasts of the war!
P1040901.JPG
P1040902.JPG

Finally done, and working quite well, my 'new' VE301 dyn radio.
V=volk's=people's
E=empfanger=receiver
301=30 Jan.=when Hitler took power
dyn=electro-dynamic speaker. (lower price models used the more primitive 'reed' speaker)
Introduced in 1938 (this model), it cost 76 RM. This was 'cheap' for a radio at the time, but the average German salary was 150 RM per month, so this was still a major purchase. The transformer is stamped with the date 25 August, 1939. This set was brand new when Poland was invaded on 1 Sep. 1939. I can imagine the original owners using this set to hear the first German broadcasts of the war!
View attachment 24367 View attachment 24368
I want to emphasize that I IN NO WAY endorse, admire, practice, or tolerate the political policies of Hitler or the NSDAP!

I'm re-obsessed with photography again. I used to be, many years ago, both taking photos and restoring old ones. Then the photography module got dropped from my art GNVQ and it was so disappointing as it was one of the main reasons I went on the course to begin with. So that put me off from really pursuing it for a long time. I'm currently looking for a digital camera as my phone camera isn't great, but the options are so varied these days it is hard to know which to choose.

97dc363f8af54eaf42d7e2e2edf46a63.jpg

f64dd01a6d7831fa840a8bebed3b3615.jpg

Crossing half the world by surface transport alone. It's beginning transfix me. And I think I can do the trip.

Seoul (South Korea) by train and ferry via Vladivostok, the Trans Siberian railway, Moscow and Paris, before arriving back in London, UK. I've done a spreadsheet of the schedule !

I want to emphasize that I IN NO WAY endorse, admire, practice, or tolerate the political policies of Hitler or the NSDAP!

Understood. I majored in totalitarian systems and constitutional law. On occasion misinterpreted in such a way. ;)

But yes, the subject in general on multiple levels always has and always will fascinate me. Including their technology and weapons. :cool:

Crossing half the world by surface transport alone. It's beginning transfix me. And I think I can do the trip.

Seoul (South Korea) by train and ferry via Vladivostok, the Trans Siberian railway, Moscow and Paris, before arriving back in London, UK. I've done a spreadsheet of the schedule !
I most definitely want to do an extended train trip someday.

There's an app that teaches Chinese and a book that explains Chinese characters. I just can't stop using both. Really puts a dent in my "100 books this year" reading goal.

2 and half weeks ago I went to have a look at an animation, game design and music production course at FlyCheese Productions in Sheffield, I'm now anxiously awaiting funding from the local social services to start the course soon as it's rather exciting what they do and the stuff I can learn there.

Okay, editing my previous post, due to new info.: cannot and will not do loud people places unless there is a logical reason for me to withstand it.

New Threads

Top Bottom