• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your newest interest or obsession?

Adora

My newest one at the moment is David Bowie while I'm also getting more into zelf dolls which is just an extension of my long term doll collecting :)

Reading about the history surrounding the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics.

Finding faults in the two main climate classification systems. I look up loads of different places that come under the same classification and see how much variance there is in a single category and thinking of ways to avoid that while making my own system and then testing the hell out of it to see if anything can slip through into the wrong category. I'm completely obsessed with it. Loads of different folders full of data from all around the world along with new revisions to my system when I find faults. It's got so complicated I've dropped precipitation for now and I'm focusing entirely on temperature - as in average highs, average lows, average temperature for each month, average yearly temperature, temperature range. All this started by watching a documentary on the Falklands and wondering about their climate and then seeing how, despite not having cold winters, it's classed as tundra. I didn't like it being in the same category as incredibly cold places with average yearly temperatures being incredibly cold so I wanted to make my own system. So I started find in new faults and it's become an obsession and it's on my mind constantly now.

Asperger's syndrome. It's been a focus for the last six or so months. I watch and rewatch videos on it , read books and write down in what ways I see it affecting me. I guess it's a little strange but it's good to know how you work and what your strengths and weaknesses are. It also spills over into other mental and neurological conditions, Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder is interesting, Tourette's Syndrome is also fascinating, partly because I have multiple motor tics so I want to know how it works - or as much as we think it works. Tourette's, like autism, is widely a mystery although professionals know dopamine plays a role in the cycle of tics. It's also nice to know facts about things like Tourette's such as only around 10% of those with Tourette's have copralalia, the tics which cause involuntary swearing.

Last edited:
I just got a book on making Victorian dollhouse furniture from bits and pieces you find in thrift stores etc. There are some really cool ideas in it

Collecting quartz crystals. I found some when I was walking the dogs and I can't stop staring at them. It also feels good when I walk around with it in my hand.

I remember that I got like this before with an xbox 360 processor that I managed to detach from the motherboard. I carried it around with me and nobody else found it interesting.

Asperger's syndrome. It's been a focus for the last six or so months. I watch and rewatch videos on it , read books and write down in what ways I see it affecting me. I guess it's a little strange but it's good to know how you work and what your strengths and weaknesses are. It also spills over into other mental and neurological conditions, Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder is interesting, Tourette's Syndrome is also fascinating, partly because I have multiple motor tics so I want to know how it works - or as much as we think it works. Tourette's, unlike autism, is widely a mystery although professionals know dopamine plays a role in the cycle of tics. It's also nice to know facts about things like Tourette's such as only around 10% of those with Tourette's have copralalia, the tics which cause involuntary swearing.

I also got obsessed with aspergers and autism for a couple of months until I found out a lot about it and how it affects me. Then I went back to my original interest (computer stuff). I gave my mum a headache for those 2 months.

I also got obsessed with aspergers and autism for a couple of months until I found out a lot about it and how it affects me. Then I went back to my original interest (computer stuff). I gave my mum a headache for those 2 months.

I think I would too have gone back to my previous interest in computer games but I'm on a medication that sort of stops that.

the role that microorganisms play in human health and specifically the connection between diet and make-up of the microbiome

Digitizing my parents' family slides. Resizing and photoshopping some 541 graphics files. Keeping me busy!

But I figured it's something I need to do now before the projector that's older than I am gives out for good. Not to mention some of the slides that go back to 1948.

Digitizing my parents' family slides. Resizing and photoshopping some 541 graphics files. Keeping me busy!

But I figured it's something I need to do now before the projector that's older than I am gives out for good. Not to mention some of the slides that go back to 1948.
That's cool. I've digitised many old slides of my dad when he was a baby/toddler in the early 60s. Including some nice ones of him at the beach.

My obsessions are auto mechanics, mechanical engineering, computers, physics, psychology, mathematic, and construction. I forgot to add music, hunting,fishing,firearms, ASD advocacy

Last edited:
learning how to use sony spectralayers pro to do spectral editing, my hope is to extract the vocals/solo instruments from a monophonic sound file so I can remix them in stereo. also learning how to play the classical guitar.:rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom