• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your mental age?

I look young (maybe 18-21) but I'm 25.

Mentally, I get along best with people between maybe 30-45...so maybe my age is around there. Mayble early thirties? I definitely don't get along with people my own age.

Occasionally I feel about 2 1/2 years old. It's my favorite developmental age for children (I'm a teacher) and I usually form a special connection with kids this age.

Mine varies between 11 and 111. :openmouth:

(added) Now that I think about it, that averages about my actual age. :D

I feel no specific age. I don't relate to ages and it does not mean anything to me.

Whether I can get on with someone is not dependent on their age. I had a good friend, who often joked he could easily be my dad (in age) and I have also had a good friend who was a lot younger than me.

I did not really have much of a teenage time, because of having severe mental health issues, so I wonder if that is why I sometimes find myself acting or thinking like a teenager would.

I think I must appear a lot younger than I am. I am 29, but a lot of people seem to think I look 17 or younger because I still get asked for ID, where the legal age is 18.

People generally presume I am younger than I am. Currently I am 30 but people frequently peg me as being in my early 20s. I still live with my parents and love to watch cartoons. At the same time, I have been told I posses a maturity beyond my years, mostly on account of my patients and general world view. So I guess I couldn't really say weather my mental age is older or younger than my chronological one.

I was curious, so I just did an online test. I was surprised at the result. So I did a few more. The results got more surprising. I average at 49 ! But I'm only 29!

This is the link
Mental age test - what's your psychological age?
This test gave me a result of age 49 exactly.
I'd be interested to know what it says your mental age is, as I think you said your age in another post and it was a little, but not a lot younger than me :)

Thank you. Apparently my mental age is 33? I'm 24, and I feel around 30 (50 on a bad day, haha) most of the time.

"You have a rather young mind, even if it's no longer that of an adolescent. You're on the right lines to become a mature and responsible adult."

That's pretty accurate, I'd say, I feel somewhat confident, but of course there are variables. :p

I took the "Psychological age" test and apparently i'm 33. I'm actually 19 almost 20, but because of things that have happened in my life, i've had to grow up a lot quicker than what I should have so I do actually feel 33 as opposed to almost 20...I feel like I should be married with kids and doing "adult" stuff, not being 19 lol :p I treat all my friends, regardless of whether they are older or not, as my "little ones" and I protect them and advise them and comfort them when they need it...I am a motherly kind of person and assume responsibility even when I shouldn't...I of course also do act my age at times, but most usually guess i'm around 25-30 regardless of how I act..

I'm 69 and the test put me at 55. That seems about right to me. Now physically, that's whole different story.

I'm 36. Mentally, I can be 60 when I'm laying down reading for hours, in complete silence. I can be 12 when I'm playing video games & eating ice cream crazily. The thing is I believe I'm not mentally 36 that often.

I think I sometimes have the naivity of a sixteen year old, but the wisdom of someone much older.

Still very much think the world works in ways of whcih we can quantify. I was amazed when my friend suggested that politicians might have an interest in not legalizing drugs (let's not go there, just an example) things like that, shock me that the world still works in dark and underground ways.

What scares me quite a lot now is that I had no grasp on what sex was when I WAS 16, how it worked or the emotional workings of it. This never stopped me, but scares me now that I DO understand it that I had no idea what I was messing with. Felt very emotionally confused as a teenager, scares me now.

Would love to take a test and see what it says about mental age, I think it'd be quite low - makes me cringe some of the things I did in the past.

My real age is 34. The online test gave me 28, saying: "You have a young and dynamic mind. We can say that you're not a little boy... but nor a real adult!"

Well, you bet I'm not a little boy! Good job guessing it, hahaha. :D

Jokes apart, I do feel much younger when I think about my age. The thing is that I rarely do. I am just being me. And I find very limiting all these unwritten rules how one should behave or think according to their age. Or, better, how one should not behave or think, that some people consider very important.

Some time ago I mentioned in a company of people that I missed my blue hair I used to have years ago and said that maybe I should do it again. I got this a little too outraged reaction from the person I was talking too: "Nooo, blue hair - no! You're signora already!". (I live in Italy, to explain "signora".) This was my face, I believe: o_O. Signora? Me? Hahahaha. I can't imagine I will ever get to be a real "signora", I'm pretty much a kid inside! :p

New Threads

Top Bottom