• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the size of your mobile data plan?

I don't use mobile data at all, I have it disabled on my phone. If I go to a pub I can use the 'net if they have free wifi.

I don't use mobile data at all, I have it disabled on my phone. If I go to a pub I can use the 'net if they have free wifi.
Understandable. I know at least in Canada, most providers offer horrible data plans. I got lucky because I'm a negotiator.

I think I have 2 Gb but I don't want a whacking big bill for going over my limit.

I can't really break down the costs because my plan is cell, cable, and Internet, but I have unlimited data on both mobile and Internet through MTS, a company that does not operate outside Manitoba. Poor, unfortunate rest of Canada.

I can't really break down the costs because my plan is cell, cable, and Internet, but I have unlimited data on both mobile and Internet through MTS, a company that does not operate outside Manitoba. Poor, unfortunate rest of Canada.
I know sometimes people need to be careful when companies claim unlimited. Some providers in Ontario claim unlimited for mobile internet but the limit is 10GB. Others will go by fair use based on what the average person uses.

Same thing for DSL, Cable and other technologies. However, for me, I always used providers always had unlimited internet. The only exception was for mobile internet as it rare to find a provider offers unlimited. Though I consider 6GB a fair amount of data for smartphones.

I listen to Slacker Radio a lot on my phone. Trust me, it's genuinely unlimited. :)

6GB. I was originally on 4, but I took advantage of a temporary discount and now have 6 and am actually paying less for it than I was for 4! I am even thinking about getting even more, because I have satellite Internet at home, with a 25GB monthly cap, and it is often unreliable, so I often have to rely on my cellular connection (as I am right now).

I think I maybe one of the most fortunate members that has unlimited data which also includes 4G for £25 a month. Pretty proud of that mind me. Only problem is that the speed is really not so great in my area and do occasional have signal problems.

That is a hell of a lot of data used I must say, I don't even exceed even 4GB per month for mobile data.
I download lots of HD content and will upgrade to 4K content when there more available. In my area lots of people have fiber optic Internet and TV. For many people here watch HD TV, that would use lots of data. I still consider Canada behind for internet speeds compare to Asia.

I have unlimited on everything. How can you tell how much data you use?
Some phones have a section in settings that will show this information. If that not available, there should be many apps on the market shows this information. Also, the cellular provider might have a portal to show this information. For me, I prefer checking from the cellular provider portal which should be the most accurate.

Some phones have a section in settings that will show this information. If that not available, there should be many apps on the market shows this information. Also, the cellular provider might have a portal to show this information. For me, I prefer checking from the cellular provider portal which should be the most accurate.

I have been with an unlimited plan like forever because after I first started texting I ran up a bill of a couple hundred dollars and I really learned from that! I really use the internet on my phone too, so that also needs to be unlimited.

I have been with an unlimited plan like forever because after I first started texting I ran up a bill of a couple hundred dollars and I really learned from that! I really use the internet on my phone too, so that also needs to be unlimited.
Yeah I heard many stories people had expensive data bills. Cell providers are not aloud to do this anymore in Canada.

My plan is only 1 gb, which is enough for me, I don't even spend all of that, since I'm at home a lot (and connect to wifi there) and often grab wifi wherever possible when I'm out. It's 4G so it's pretty fast overall though. My plan however, while it states 1 gb, is unlimited. After my data is used my speed gets throttled, which means that I can still check email and so, but watching HD vids on youtube is probably a no go.

But really considering where we have WiFi in my area, one can wonder if you really need a data plan for your cellphone here. Free WiFi in trains, in malls... it's really for those moments when you end up some place that might just not be covered.

New Threads

Top Bottom