• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What have you achieved today?

I raked up bark in the driveway, enough for
4 WalMart sized bags. I broke sticks, enough
for one bag.

I made what I thought was going to be a new
thing, a home-made energy/snack bar. It turned
out to be the same thing I used to make every week,
a long time ago. I put some teeny M & M's in it and
rolled it in brown sugar to make it marginally different.
I gave it to somebody who ate it.

I caught Wump on the far side of the driveway. He
was looking for the outside cat. He was getting all
humped up and looking like a badger. I carried him
back into the house. He didn't fuss about it. Good
thing. Carrying a struggling 20 cat would not be
fun. I don't know how he got out. The door didn't
close right, I guess.

I felt good about pulling out a large stand of milkweed from my friend's backyard this morning. I couldn't get it all because my back started hurting from all the stooping. My friend found a tool, though, that will help me next time.

I also got back in my house today after it was tented for termites. I brought my three cats home along with their litter box and all my luggage. My outdoor cats showed up not too long after we returned home, so everyone is present and accounted for.

I made plans to work with another friend around my house tomorrow.

All in all, a productive day.

Managed to go in Game and not wanted to buy anything.

*Note to self, stay away from Game shops till you have the loot to buy games*

Cleaned out under the sofa and under the sofa cushions, it was only three weeks ago that I last did it, but you wouldn't know that from all the toys, food packaging and so on that I found.

Cleaned out the duffle bag that serves as my "purse." I dread it every time, because I shove all manner of rubbish into the bag that I don't want to deal with at the moment. Eventually, the bag is so overloaded with rubbish that I have to start sorting and tossing and filing and transferring information.

Lots of paperwork makes me extremely nervous for some reason. That hasn't always been the case. I used to look forward to cleaning out purses, drawers, desks, etc, but I think the anxiety comes from not having a place to put the stuff. When I finally get my house renovated and moved back in completely, I will start some sort of formal filing system, and a strict criteria for keeping or tossing for paperwork.

Wish I had a Xanex right now. Sheesh!

I beat Mark Labett on the Chase app on my phone for £7000 (only virtual money) and then beat Shaun Wallace for £5000.

I made myself put cucumber seed and summer
squash seed into paper towels to sprout. It's not
that it is an arduous process. I just feel reluctant
to do things that require hope.

I felt good about pulling out a large stand of milkweed from my friend's backyard this morning. I couldn't get it all because my back started hurting from all the stooping. My friend found a tool, though, that will help me next time.

I also got back in my house today after it was tented for termites. I brought my three cats home along with their litter box and all my luggage. My outdoor cats showed up not too long after we returned home, so everyone is present and accounted for.

I made plans to work with another friend around my house tomorrow.

All in all, a productive day.
Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to see if the patch of milkweed I planted for the monarch butterflys is coming up this year. The birds got all the caterpillars last year. Will probably happen again this year. Too close to the bird feeder.

I helped to make turtles out of plastic bottles so that children could paint them. Meanwhile, I introduced a friend to the joys of Inuit throat singing and Maximum The Hormone.

Not today but yesterday I completed a "Walk Cycle" animation using a Lego figure at my Digital Arts course, and on the Lunch break I beat "The Beast" on The Chase mobile app for £7,000, practising for when I go on the real Chase and beat The Beast for real.

I just want to say first that I think this is a great topic. So many people overlook all the little things that can really mean the difference between a good day and a bad day for us. Thanks for giving us all a chance to chat about things and allow ourselves to be proud.

Today I'm proud of myself because I was hungry around lunch time and I was watching some of the food channels on tv. It made me feel like I really wanted to cook something. Since we don't have a lot of ingredients in at the moment, I had to stick with something simple, but I wanted to try something I've never done before. I ended up making a Spanish Omelette! I've always wanted to make one of them and I know it's not a huge deal to a lot of people as it's
not the most complex dish, but I was so pleased with it. It turned out really tasty and pretty massive! :)

Last edited:
I fixed the lever door handle on my bedroom. It was sticking halfway down and would only open with great difficulty.

I disassembled it, put all the parts and screws into neat piles, Thecleaned all the parts with wd40 and kitchen roll, then reassembled very carefully while spraying wd40 into the various 'orifices' while doing it.

Not sure what the problem was exactly, but the fact there were piles of sawdust in the two handle plates and in and around the central 'rod' may have been a factor.

I connected with a really cool individual with a history of doing amazing creative things prior to her disability. She has isolated herself and I would like to think that reaching out to her might help her re-enter the world.

I also cleaned the kitchen.

I made a friend on Facebook, his Mum was a "Dinner Lady" at my old Junior school 30 odd years ago, she's 80 in July and still remembers me after all these years, he invited me to a do for her Birthday but we're away that Weekend in July.

Today was a quite nice sunny day, put on shorts and a tee-shirt and dug in the gardens. Getting rid of old leaves and winter dried organic matter. Planted some wildflower seeds, cucumbers and tended to several bushes that required cutting back. Watered the newly planted seeds and plants and generally cleaned up the property. Played with the hose, which is one of those expanding ones, which reminded me of a snake.

It has been a low-bar day as far as achievements go. The closest I came was getting the chicken in the oven 1 1/2 hours late. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom