• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What does it mean when you randomly think of someone and hope they’re doing well?

Call, text, or email them and let them know you're thinking of them.

My NT friend who is a relationship master does this all the time.

Just that you care about their wellbeing, I would say. As for the random part, maybe you saw/encountered something you associate with them and thus were reminded of them?

Are you perhaps likening it to when you're with someone and do or say something they were about to do themselves?

It happens to me all the time, sometimes it's so oddly specific I wonder if it really is coincidence - especially as it occurs so frequently.

Ed

According to my people, it means that you cause them to sneeze. Because you sneeze when someone is thinking about you. And that's very logical.

But seriously, you just care about them. Or you just feel good about yourself or your situation at that moment and that thought is a representation of your feelings towards others.

I've had this before whilst doing something completely unrelated. This can take me by surprise and make me wonder "Huh, why did I randomly think of them?"

Sometimes it's understandable because I see something that makes me think of someone else, but there are moments where it'll just come out of nowhere.

Thoughts can be unpredictable. I don't always know where my mind is going to wander off to. Makes me wonder if the people I suddenly think about ever randomly think of me and wonder why.

Last edited:
To use one set of language
- it may be Mystery prompting you to wish that person well - to think well o them and to bless them

You may substitute God for mystery if that is your frame of reference.

What does it mean when you randomly think of someone and hope they’re doing well?

That your considerate maybe?

Or perhaps you hurt them somehow & you now feel guilty?

Or your just a nice person?

Or like Alexej said, perhaps it's God giving you a notification of the heart.

Last edited:
It means you're human & care for those you know. :)

A week or two back I was talking to an older friend about a lady I was close to for around 6 months 2018/19. It had been a long time since either of us had seen her & we were both aware that she'd gone
through some difficulties with a relationship she had after our parting. It hadn't gone too well for her, too
much fighting with new guy, ending with the Police. I was naturally concerned that she was embarrassed &
had gone full on hermit. I decided that after such a long time I'd reach out & call her. It was worth it, not
that I met her after or since. Though I know it made her feel better about herself & what had happened
between us for us to go our separate ways. We both felt better for the chat. :D

Sometimes it's important to have such thoughts & sometimes not, though in the end only you can decide
the value of such thoughts & what you do with them. Just try not to fixate on the person if you find yourself
always thinking of them as that can be somewhat unhealthy if you were once close.

New Threads

Top Bottom