• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of this Dynamic at an Aspergers social group?

I read like ten definitions and none of them seem to make sense. :eek:

""Digs" is slang for home or accomodation and it can also be used meaning "clothes"

Those are also unusual words to me, but useful definitions came up so I get it!

So it goes back to the issue with banter, it sounds like it.

Hi, everybody.

I write this post with great pain and hurt. I am feeling very upset and sad at the moment, so Fino and others leave me alone.

As I described in a previous post, I anticipated a negative meeting this week as I was asked to meet with the leader of the group a week in advance.

Ok, so if I can explain:
  • I walk in 15 minutes early for my meeting. The three clique members are sitting there. Why are they there so early? I suspect she met with them. So obviously has their side.
  • She tells me that what I said was inappropriate. We have a very tense conversation, she did not agree with me.
  • I still don’t understand what the point of the conversation was about?
  • I talk to her about Banter and how I can’t and don’t do Banter. She says “oh it’s friendly”. I tell her that it’s only friendly between friends. I also queried why anyone would persist with it if they were aware that I was upset with it?
  • I was ready to cry during this meeting as I feel that she has come down on me with a tonne of bricks, while I am being ostracised.
So, I stayed for a bit. Then stormed out about half an hour later as I was going to cry and lash out with anger at the group and leader.

I then drove to McDonalds and Starbucks and stuffed myself. Now I’m at home feeling really sad, finding it hard not to cry or go to bed with depression.

I really am isolated and lonely. I am trying to make friends. These people don’t like me, won’t open up to me and are ostracising me.

A lot of people take a dislike to me for no reason and I cannot handle it.

I am unsure as to whether or not I should return to this group as the leader has turned on me and nobody in the group cares that I’m hurt. If the clique were at all concerned they’d talk to me face to face rather than running to the leader of the group.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom