• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think about what is happening in the world?

Me? I think that we are about to see a wave of political and social change sweep the globe that hasn't been seen since The Great War. We're going to see revolutions, the fall of empires, the collapse of long-established governments. And from it will rise a brave new world that is unprecedented in human history.

All of the things happening in Paris makes me feel very sad. I don't know why, but when I hear about something bad happening to someone, even if it's happening far away, I feel like the bad thing is happening to me and the sadness overwhelms me. That's why I usually stay away from the news. But everyone in my college is talking about what happened in Paris and I can't avoid hearing about it. Since then, I've just been repeating the phrase I always say when I'm trying to forget something super sad: "Think of puppies and kittens. Puppies and kittens. Puppies and kittens. etc." I'd like to think that things are going to change for the better, but they hardly ever do. So I think I'm just going to avoid the news for a few months.

I keep seeing World War II over and over again.

Did you know Americans did the exact same thing with the Jewish refugees that we're seeing with the Syrian ones? Yep. Until they found out about the concentration camps, they didn't want the refugees here. And apparently it wasn't just run-of-the-mill prejudice, but fear that they were going to come in and take over and spread Jewish Communism all over the world. I've seen the exact same rhetoric regarding the Syrian refugee (except, of course, it's not Jewish Communism, but Islam the people are afraid of taking over).

The governor of North Carolina, I think, actually casually suggested internment camps like what we did to the Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor, as though it had been a good thing.

Then, there's the sudden interest in our own homeless and starving. Don't even get me started with that.

The change in mindset when people are called to actually step up is mind-boggling. I kind of want to see a Psychology or Sociology person do a paper on this phenomenon.

As for the terrorists, as someone else mentioned, the Middle East has been a sort of political dumping ground since pretty much the beginning of humanity. (If you assume the Bible has any historical accuracy in this case) the Israelites were enslaved by the Egyptians, leaving that land to be taken over by the Canaanites, which they then had to take back and keep. Then the Romans came in and tried to expand into the Persian Empire, causing a few hundred year-long "game" of tug-of-war with the towns. Then the Jews revolted against the Romans. Then the Muslims came in and started conquering everything. Then the Turkish invasion and the rise of the Ottoman Empire. Then, the French and British come in and start occupying everything. Then, you get a bunch more conflicts, then the (re)creation of Israel, which leads to even more conflict. Is it really any wonder that place is in shambles? I think it's only seen peace for about 10% of the time people have actually been there...

That wears on people after a while. And you end up with dictatorships and totalitarian regimes taking over, because the place is too unstable to support a functioning democracy or republic, and propaganda is spread that the latest aggressors -- most of the Western world -- hate them, a fact that, from their point of view, goes pretty well undisputed as we carpet-bomb their cities and continue to occupy their country (regardless of our intents, the propaganda convinces them that we're doing more harm than good), or fund the people that continue to mortar their towns.

Thankfully, most of the people realize that the Western countries are trying to help and so they don't hold contempt against us as they try to get away from that. But it does breed discontent among some, and the perceived injustices being done make many ripe for grooming for terrorism.

The thing that makes this war (and at the rate it's going, it will be a war) different, is that it's as much a war of ideologies as it is a physical one. For most of our past wars, the ideology was little more than propaganda to spur people into action for "their" side. This time, though, the very fact that we've become afraid to take in the refugees plays right into the terrorists' rhetoric. In order to win this war, we have to face these fears head on. What we do with the refugees may very well determine the course of events in the coming months/years.

It reminds me of the White Walkers in Game of Thrones, or the second season of Legend Of The Seeker, or any such battle where there's an undead/army of the dead element -- the more we kill the living, the more we bolster that undead army with soldiers. So many people are refusing the refugees, because they're afraid that some of them might be terrorists, but by turning our backs on them, we create more enemies as we prove the terrorists right.

Articles such as this try to find reasons for what is happening in the world that are located in government policies etc. 'Why do Islamist groups in particular seem so much more sadistic, even evil?" by Kenan Malik
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/22/islam-terror-morality-paris
But these don't really explain the macabre twist and appetite for glorifying the gruesome that we're currently seeing. A better explanation could involve non-causal principles, such as astrology.

People born 1983-1995 (‘Generation Y’) have Pluto in Scorpio (age 20-32). The energy of this astrological aspect could 'explain' why so many people of this age group are joining tyrannical organisations where the basest human drives and primal urges dominate and their bloodthirsty appetites can find a ‘socially approved’ outlet. Also, any exposure to violence changes a person’s hardwiring so they become desensitised to the meaning of what they are actually doing and the ethos becomes normalised.

Pluto, God of the Underworld, is the ruler of Scorpio. (In Greek mythology, the corresponding god was Hades). On the up side, Pluto is associated with renewal and rebirth. Negative expression of Pluto is an obsessive desire for power and control and general destructiveness.

According to one astrological report: Those aged 20-32 today are part of a 12 year group of people who have a complex and deep emotional side. They can be prone to some very strange behavior. Intrigue, mystery, the strange, the grotesque, and the macabre are exciting to this age group, and this might get the better of some of this group, causing them to act in a cruel or grotesque manner. There is a chance that crime, violence, and emotional disturbance will be relatively high in this age group.

Last edited:
Did you know Americans did the exact same thing with the Jewish refugees that we're seeing with the Syrian ones? Yep. Until they found out about the concentration camps, they didn't want the refugees here.

Canadians did as well: "It was 1939 and 907 Jewish refugees aboard the German transatlantic liner St. Louis were seeking sanctuary from Nazi Germany. Canada refused to take them in and the ship sailed back to Europe, where 254 would later die in concentration camps." http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1174272-canada-turned-away-jewish-refugees

"During the 12-year period of Nazi rule in Germany, Canada admitted fewer than 5,000 Jewish refugees, one of the worst records of any democracies. In 1945, asked how many Jews Canada would admit after the war, a Canadian official answered “None is too many”.

"“as human beings we should do our best to provide as much sanctuary as we can for those people who can get away. I say we should do that because these people are human and deserve that consideration, and because we are human and ought to act in that way.” Stanley Knowles, MP, House of Commons, 9 July 1943"

There are those same kinds of voices echoing now, much like in the past. It is both frightening and sad as it relates to refugees fleeing persecution and war.

The ISIL are murderous but most Muslims are fighting them.. Do you realize the Iranians the Kurds and Hezbollah are the only they haven't been able to expand?

I don't think it's really about religion, it's more about who can sell weapons to whom and who can control natural resources and which state/multinational/ superrich family can gain the most wealth and power. Wars and conflict are very profitable and all part of the higher agenda, and human casualties are just collateral damage to them. Religious fanatics are often just as much the victim of manipulation as the general public, and are so blinded by their fanaticism that they fail to see the bigger picture. Not that I have any sympathy for them. They may wish to live by an alternative set of values or follow a certain religion and it is their right to do so, but that does not give them the right to try to force it on others through violence and terror.

It's not the fault of the religions themselves. If religions didn't exist, they'd just find some other means of pitting humans against humans for profit and power, be it colour of skin, colour of eyes or any of the other ways that human beings can differ from each other.

So really, not much has changed over the years since medieval times or even earlier. We see the same old power struggle being played out as it has so many times before in the past, as one entity tries to gain advantage over another, with thousands or even millions of innocent victims. Only now, it is being played out on a more modern stage. Kings, queens and royal families are now replaced by superwealthy families quietly pulling the strings of their governments behind the scenes, their wealth fuelled by the multinationals and banks they own or control, including, of course, the weapons trade.

I don't think it's really about religion, it's more about who can sell weapons to whom and who can control natural resources and which state/multinational/ superrich family can gain the most wealth and power. Wars and conflict are very profitable and all part of the higher agenda, and human casualties are just collateral damage to them. Religious fanatics are often just as much the victim of manipulation as the general public, and are so blinded by their fanaticism that they fail to see the bigger picture. Not that I have any sympathy for them. They may wish to live by an alternative set of values or follow a certain religion and it is their right to do so, but that does not give them the right to try to force it on others through violence and terror.

It's not the fault of the religions themselves. If religions didn't exist, they'd just find some other means of pitting humans against humans for profit and power, be it colour of skin, colour of eyes or any of the other ways that human beings can differ from each other.

So really, not much has changed over the years since medieval times or even earlier. We see the same old power struggle being played out as it has so many times before in the past, as one entity tries to gain advantage over another, with thousands or even millions of innocent victims. Only now, it is being played out on a more modern stage. Kings, queens and royal families are now replaced by superwealthy families quietly pulling the strings of their governments behind the scenes, their wealth fuelled by the multinationals and banks they own or control, including, of course, the weapons trade.
The Saudi royal family funds these monsters as part of their proxy war with elites in Russia.. It is about keeping Oil Prices high so they can make money!

The Saudi royal family funds these monsters as part of their proxy war with elites in Russia.. It is about keeping Oil Prices high so they can make money!

Yes, and keeping people in debt, so the money keeps flowing from the rich to the poor.

I'm convinced that most of what's happening is due to the authoritarian philosophies that dominate even the United States, so I spend most of my time thinking of ways to convince people to take control of the reigns of government instead of handing them over to people who are probably psychopathic. I try not to focus too much on the details. I believed in the past that they were important, but knowing which bad thing is happening today hasn't seemed to help me prevent new ones in the future, so I kind of gave up on that as a strategy.

I'm convinced that most of what's happening is due to the authoritarian philosophies that dominate even the United States, so I spend most of my time thinking of ways to convince people to take control of the reigns of government instead of handing them over to people who are probably psychopathic. I try not to focus too much on the details. I believed in the past that they were important, but knowing which bad thing is happening today hasn't seemed to help me prevent new ones in the future, so I kind of gave up on that as a strategy.
Authority in my opinion isn't a bad thing... A man who declares himself a dictator can rebuild a country.. but he can also kill millions of people?

220px-Adolf_Hitler_cropped_restored.jpg

I do believe after studying history that if it happens.. It had too?

New Threads

Top Bottom